X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharger

Has anybody supercharged a 2.4td?
    Would there be any point?

And has anybody tried these electric ones?
    Last edited by puddlesurfer; 22 May 2011, 15:26.
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Dubt very much if it would take it mate, but if i was going to do it, i'd use one of the superchargers from a mini cooper 's' used to be loads on ebay witn only delivery miles on them, anywhere from 100-200. i did have one that i was going to fit on my goldwing trike when i was building it, they do need a lot of work to fit on another engine though.

Comment

I was thinking of putting it where the a/c compressor used to be.

Isn't a supercharger just a turbo charger thats always running? (and powered from a drive belt rather than exhaust gas) so if the Supercharger was always pushing out a constant 11PSI (12 being the max) it would be better
      Last edited by puddlesurfer; 22 May 2011, 15:31.
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Here you go mate http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?id=15

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
          I was thinking of putting it where the a/c compressor used to be.

Isn't a supercharger just a turbo charger thats always running? (and powered from a drive belt rather than exhaust gas) so if the Supercharger was always pushing out a constant 11PSI (12 being the max) it would be better

That type of S/C doesn't work like that, you still have to wait for boost pressure to build up in the same way as your existing turbo does now.

Different to the superchargers that are installed after the throttle body, they create power (boost) from idle upwards.

Comment

Working...
          X