engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine swap

well it's just a thought at the minute but, i am thinking of grafting a 200tdi into the surf as it's mechanical injection has better hp and torque figures but i've just checked up on the 3ltr kzn130 engine and that has better figures than the 200tdi
    basically what i've found is the ln130 engine has 97hp and 177lbf-ft torque, the 200tdi has 111hp and 195lbf-ft torque, and finally the kzn130 has 130hp 287Nm
    as i see it the 3ltr is the one to go for but the 200tdi is more plentiful and cheaper than a 3ltr but the 3ltr is virtually a straight swap as this won't be happening for quite a long time i'm just weighing up my options which would include a v8 conversion if i win the lottery any suggestions
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
    ... any suggestions
    Sell your truck and buy a 3.0, it's far less hassle.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      Sell your truck and buy a 3.0, it's far less hassle.

tis true it would be less hassle, but my body and chassis are pretty much untouched it doesn't look like its ever been offroad or used for towing apart from that i like my truck it's just a bit lacking in the power department hence the thought of engine swaps i would do the most of the work myself and with some help from my friend Mr Engine Hoist. The engine swap doesn't phase me as i've been in the trade for quite a long time about twenty years now and i've converted range rovers to the gmc 6.2 v8 diesel fairly easily and i used to build custom bikes and trikes, so the surf shouldn't be any more difficult as far as i know it's virtually one out one in from what i'm led to believe

Comment

you will need the loom and ecu from a 3.0 if you go that route aswell TonyThere is alot of work involved really just to swap from a 2.4 engine to a 3.0 engine and tbh by the time you buy the engine,ecu,and complete loom and fit it you would be better off just buying a 3.0 complete
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

hi rich
          i didn't think it would be as easy as it sounded but, if i decided to get a 3ltr it means outlaying a lot more than i paid for mine as well as having the money spare to buy the 3ltr and then once it's upto scratch selling my 2.4 to re-coupe some of my outlay unless i could find someone who wanted my truck in p/ex for a 3ltr thats already sorted which in all honesty i don't think anyone with a 3ltr would do that sort of deal knowing the 2.4 is not quite as sort after as the 3ltr but i suppose you never know but, again i've gone through mine and it's as good as it should be both mechanically and structurally.
          it's like i've said the only fault with the 2.4 is it's under powered for the power to weight ratio

Comment

Wot is best and the easiest don't get me wrong not scared of a bita oil and grease the od skined nuckle I'm wondering is it better to put 92 v6 body on my 93 1kz chassis or my 1kz motor and box in the v6 wots involved and is there any thing that needs to be changed cheers

Comment

Working...
            X