Lexsurf iii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexsurf iii

lexsurf III just towed my Shetland 536 fishing boat from the SE.England to Strontian ,Scotland and back with no problem, on the edge of the speed limit most of the way. MPG wasn't too bad either, or no worse than when the 2.4 DT lump was in it. So well done and thanks to Bushwacker (Vince), who fitted the engine swap for me. Wondered if anyone saw me, it's a first gen metalic orange with large flashlights on roof and one primer grey f/wing.
    No king of England is not king of France

Marvelous!
    Fetch it up here anytime after this week-end Simon and I'll fit that actuator and wire up all the lights.

Comment

I like the mpg thing. What us my realistic mpg I can get? I'm mostly )flatish)A roads.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

The same as running a 2.4 or 3.0 diesel, maybe slightly better as unleaded is cheaper.

Comment

I would still be on the m6 with the 2.4 D

Comment

My old one wasn't that fast either !
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure but I'm getting around 23>25 mpg on A roads and M ways, just tickling along at 1500 rpm does fine.
              Towing takes that down a fair bit and how heavy the lead is in the right foot.
              If I stamp on it at junctions and exiting roundabouts then you know the result, mpg drops.
              I might have got more mpg if I hadn't fitted just the spintech mufflers, the other day I needed to stand on it at a bit of a blind r/turn accross traffic heading down a small village street with high walls and as i did the noise set off 2 or 3 car alarms ,no bull. I turned to my lad and said "jeez did we set them off" but he was laughing too much to answer.

Comment

Blimey, I wasn't getting near that with either the 2.4 or the 3.0 litre. I just told my lad about setting car alarms off...he laughed too!
                I'm picking her up today, so here's to a real fun drive from vince's to eastbourne.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

http://http://daemon4x4.org/board/to...d=30519#p30519
                  Vince sent me this link just before he mot'd mine.I'm getting a bit more used to driving mine now, I am trying to keep it low on revs in town as the two spintech mufflers sound like a nascar when you give it a load of stamp. What co did you get ins from, i ended up going with Adrian Flux.
                  Last edited by 3 LIONS; 11 September 2010, 17:07.

Comment

I heard it running yesterday and it sounded unbeleivable...just awesome. Here's to setting some alarms off!
                    I insured it via Noel dazely. An 8000 mile a year limit, with RAC cover for £228.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

What a great deal, I ended up paying 465 quid with Adrian Flux, thats most likely cos for 31 years of driving I had the first claim against me a year ago and to cut a long story short I lost all my bonus. But i should look into the lot you and some of the other forum users are with.
                      you are so going to like the LS eng in your surf.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 LIONS View Post
                        What a great deal, I ended up paying 465 quid with Adrian Flux, thats most likely cos for 31 years of driving I had the first claim against me a year ago and to cut a long story short I lost all my bonus. But i should look into the lot you and some of the other forum users are with.
                        you are so going to like the LS eng in your surf.
                        Cheers...circumstances meant I couldn't get it on saturday...but the anticipation is electric.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Travelling at the maximum speed limit of 60mpg on a motorway and towing a 1650kg caravan with a 3.0l auto diesel I get about 22mpg which I think it pretty good.
                          Not towing combined mileage is just over 28mpg as most trips are no more than 8 miles mainly on B roads.

Comment

Thats quite good mpg for towing a caravan,they make a bigger hole in the air than a boat too.
                            I have always thought Toyota were wrong in putting the underpowered 2.4 TD in the surf,mine was forever working overtime to keep up with the flow of traffic,even the Daihatsu F50 I owned had a stronger zippy'er engine and it was non turbo, but the body was a lot lighter.
                            Last edited by 3 LIONS; 27 September 2010, 07:23.

Comment

Working...
                            X