yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there much more work for 3" or 4" suspension lift over 2"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there much more work for 3" or 4" suspension lift over 2"?

Hi, I've searched and when looking for 3" suspension lift info I kept getting loads back on body lifts so I thought I'd post a new thread.

I already have a 2" suspension lift and 2" body lift but I want to try and fit some 33" KL71s without having to go so mental with the hammer and strip off my mud flaps etc.

My current suspension lift comprises wound up torsion bars and +2" coils. As I want to go higher I've made some 2" ball joint spacers and diff/ARB drop brackets but as this is also my daily driver I can't have it off the road for too long if I run into problems.

For the front I'm assuming brake lines, fit the diff/ARB brackets and then camber etc?

For the rear I'm assuming coil spacers, brake load bias bracket and panhard drop bracket?

Have I missed much?

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

I run 33's on mine with the same lift and not had to take a hammer to anything yet

I just drop the front mudguards of when off roading

Comment

I used some BFG Mud Terrains on 15 x 10 modulars with -32 offset and the rubbing was really bad so I got rid of them for various reasons (including money). I have the chance to get some KL71 Muds and I'll put them on my standard rims for now but I'd like less rubbing.

Just wondered if I'm likely to rip brake lines and smash CVs over 2".

Comment

+4" shocks for the rear. Extended brake line at rear. Poss +2" shocks on front. Drop brackets for rear roll bar links. Possibly extended bump stops to stop the front shafts getting killed ala Dieselboy..

Comment

Ah yeah shocks, forgot about those little puppies; thanks Wishbone!

Drop brackets are no problem, some sheet stainless and a drill are all I need for those but the shocks are a different matter!

Growler, what tyre and wheel package are you using to not get issues with rubbing?

Thanks,

Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
            Growler, what tyre and wheel package are you using to not get issues with rubbing?

Thanks,

Ray.
            33's are KL71's on 15x8 steel rims with a -32 offset

Not had any problems even when doing things like this

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

the price is the main differenace and you have to drop the diffs etc list below

4-Runner / Hi-Lux Surf (1990 - 1996) 4 inch lift kit
                Give your 4-Runner / Hi-Lux Surf 4 inches of lift. Kit contains front lower control arm and differential drop brackets, spindle adapters, anti-roll bar mounts, front crossmember, rear coil springs, rear axle link relocation brackets, track bar mount, four ES3000 cellular gas shock absorbers and a set of shock boots (please specify colour required). Available for vehicles manufactured between 1990 - 1997.

This kit can be fitted at our workshop by us for £575 + vat.

3 way (camber caster, toe) steering alignment will be required after this lift is fitted.

Price Including Shipping: £1,348.90 (Including: VAT at 17.5%)

http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/4_..._Lux_Surf.html
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                  33's are KL71's on 15x8 steel rims with a -32 offset

Not had any problems even when doing things like this
                  Awesome shot

Comment

I'll give the Kumho's a go with the current setup and then fit the ball joint spacers and wind the torsion bars back down to improve the ride.

I'll fit the diff drop anyway to improve the diff angle until I can get manual hubs and if I do need a bit more space I'll carefully play with maybe adding 1/2" with the torsion bars again and see what happens but it would appear that 4" is definately out of the question with my current budget (of naff all, hence fabricating everything myself!)

I'll let you know what happens in due course!

Thanks,

Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X