4" Lift Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" Lift Advice

Right have been research for a few days now on getting atleast 4" lift for 33's

with some advice from stormfront was looking into the landcruiser springs option to get 3" suspention lift and 2" body lift,

seemed like a very very complicated way of doing things, so looking into it some more was going to get the 2" lift kit from roughtrax and 2" body lift total price arround £450

any advice or tips on this solution? anyone have any experience with roughtrax kits?

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=675&vid=1163
    3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

.:one::.
    Big Sound System (100 Infinity 6x9's Boxed :: 2 JBL GTO 14" 255w Subs)
    Bull Bars (Slightly Customized)

.::To Do::.
    Tires MT 33's
    Snorkle
    4" Lift
    Tow Bar
    Wind Deflectors
    Spoiler (Front & Back)

The only thing is with the 2" kits is that you don't really need the torsion bars from the kit as the front isn't lifted high enough to warrent them.I had the kit on my old 2.4 and the torsion bars were a sod to fit and really a waste of £150 or whatever the price of them are,but they are in the kit
    This is only my view but others have agreed and otheres haven't so its down to you really at the end of the day on what you prefer
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

might just get the shocks and springs and get the torsion bars if needed

what i dont understand is how the front is lifted?

shocks do all the lifting on the front?

when i phoned roughtrax a few mins ago they told me that the torsion bars lifted the front? (rubbish)

trying to keep price down as far as possible if your right and i dont need torsion bars, then the same thing would cost me £218 + vat
      and 60 quid for my body lift giveing me a 4" lift for 280 quid
      leaving me more money to spend on tires!
      Last edited by ectraz; 22 April 2010, 14:58.
      3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

Tires MT 33's
      Snorkle
      4" Lift
      Tow Bar
      Wind Deflectors
      Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

The torsion bars are the front suspension.
        Shock absorbers are just what they say and help absorb the bounce so its not to hard.
        The torsion bars raise the front end by adjusting the bolt underneath the truck roughly under the seats.When the bolt is turned turned the torsion bar twist and then as its splined both ends it twist the top wishbone to raise the front end

Comment

also i have 3" of lift and have kept the original torsion bars.I do have 2" balljoint spacers fitted tho to lift the front end so i never had to adjust the torsion bars by much at all

Comment

sorry for sounding like a lamen
            so the original torsion bars will be enouth provide a 2" lift withought changing

Man this guy knows his s**t
            3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

Tires MT 33's
            Snorkle
            4" Lift
            Tow Bar
            Wind Deflectors
            Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

its from being a member on here for just over 5 years and doing a lot of reading and basically listening to the good advice i had from other members here. Me personally would go for the landcruiser spring option and fit the 2" ball joint spacers on the front then wind the torsion bars up an inch to level the truck out.I have the l/c springs and the panhard rod drop bracket here cheap so that will save you a few ££'s and then you can get the shocks and balljoint spacers then and have a 5" lift which looks so much better

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                its from being a member on here for just over 5 years and doing a lot of reading and basically listening to the good advice i had from other members here. Me personally would go for the landcruiser spring option and fit the 2" ball joint spacers on the front then wind the torsion bars up an inch to level the truck out.I have the l/c springs and the panhard rod drop bracket here cheap so that will save you a few ££'s and then you can get the shocks and balljoint spacers then and have a 5" lift which looks so much better

so
                4 x Shocks @ £150
                ball joint spacers (cant find)
                and what am i looking at for ur landcruiser springs and panhard rod drop bracket?

and thats all i should need?
                3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

Tires MT 33's
                Snorkle
                4" Lift
                Tow Bar
                Wind Deflectors
                Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

you will want extended brake lines so if no-one has asked for them yet then they can go with the springs and drop bracket all for £80 delivered.I will check to make sure no-one has asked for the brakeline a mo
                  everything is available if you want it
                  Last edited by stormforce; 22 April 2010, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by ectraz View Post
                    sorry for sounding like a lamen
                    so the original torsion bars will be enouth provide a 2" lift withought changing
                    Sometimes, if your bars are tired it'll get bouncy or unpredicable on the front. 1 1/2" is the max that recommended on the front by adjusting bars alone.

The uprated bars let you gain lift without twisting the torsion bar to much, as they are thicker.

They are nice, and technically correct, but you can get away without them in most cases if you're sensible with how much you lift it.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Check This Out

Hi check this out on ebay "360255627735" you may have to go onto "EBAY.COM".

Regards Hilux Bob
                      Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux View Post
                        Hi check this out on ebay "360255627735" you may have to go onto "EBAY.COM".

Regards Hilux Bob
                        That would sort out the front end but the rear would need to be fudged with LC coils etc... (no leaf springs on the 2nd gen)

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          Sometimes, if your bars are tired it'll get bouncy or unpredicable on the front. 1 1/2" is the max that recommended on the front by adjusting bars alone.

The uprated bars let you gain lift without twisting the torsion bar to much, as they are thicker.

They are nice, and technically correct, but you can get away without them in most cases if you're sensible with how much you lift it.

(aiming for 2" on the front to match 2" on the back
                          will i get away with this?, if not for a long while for a short period?
                          3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

Tires MT 33's
                          Snorkle
                          4" Lift
                          Tow Bar
                          Wind Deflectors
                          Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

If you click on the link below and then on ball joint spacers and rear coils that is what i did to lift mine for 33's. i've not touched the torsion bars but the option is there to gain a further 1" - 1 1/2" lift on the front if i need it,
                            prob the cheapest way of getting a 4" lift overall is this way, L/C coils or +2" rear springs and BJ spacers coupled with a 2" body lift will give ya plenty of room for 33's, fitting bj spacers knockes your front alignment out a mile so that will need adjusting after, also remember if you want LC springs you will also need the alloy top seats as the springs dont sit too well without em. the lc's are wider as well as being stronger and give approx 3" lift, you can also dump the rear ARB with these springs, i went for these springs as opposed to plus 2" surf ones as some guys reported they dont actually lift it by 2", some said there was sod all difference at all, in fact we fitted 2" bj's to Don Logans truck last weekend and he had already fitted +2" rear springs, when it was done the arse end was noticeably lower than the front, anyway your choice,
                            also bear in mind that any more than a 2" body lift requires some modding of gear shift levers and steering shaft plus extended break lines and a longer fuel filler hose, (plus some other stuff i forget) oh yeah you need to cut out some bulkhead where the steering shaft passes through and the trans tunnel (i had to do that with a 2" lift) those parts just rubbed,
                            good luck with it

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/php_lib/v...at=1&submit=Go
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

yeah, wasent going to lift boby more then 2", but as far as im aware need to extend gear shift for 2" and extend brake lines.

would be happy with the 4" lift
                              and im happy to pay the 350 from roughtrax for the 2" suspention lift kit IF its a good option.

stormforces solution sounds amazing but also seems like it could be hard sourcing parts and a headake under the truck. (I could be wrong)

2" roughtrax suspention lift
                              2" body lift seems like the simples solution????
                              3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

Tires MT 33's
                              Snorkle
                              4" Lift
                              Tow Bar
                              Wind Deflectors
                              Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

Working...
                              X