Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body lift??

Hi all,

I'm considering doing a body lift at some point in the future (insurance company and funds willing)

What would be the advantages of using metal spacers vs synthetic spacers?
    Is this kit any good? Do the bolts look right?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If i was to do a 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift what size tyres could i fit?

This is purely hyperthetical (not sure of spelling) as i'm totally skint currently!
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

it doesnt state if there are bumper relocation brackets and rad drop brackets included in the kit,but apart from that its a really good price.personaly i fab the kits out of ally billet,but theres nothing wrong with the nylon spacers,again it doesnt state if the bolts are high tensile,i would reccomend using high tensile bolts.
    Last edited by surfenstein; 19 March 2010, 20:17.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

thats the kit i used on my bodylift
      you will end up buying more bolts anyway as 2 of the ones in the kit are too short
      apart from that its a good kit
      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

You don't say if you got a 2.4 or 3.0l.The 3.0l's you don't need to lower the rad but just take the lower part of the rad cowl off.As Stein says tho you will need the bumper relocation brackets tho.
        If you fit the body and suspension lifts then you will be able to fit 33's on there to give you another inch of lift aswell
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

guys just down the road from me might have to go take a look
          from previouse bodylifters, how hard is it to fit these kits?
          3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

.:one::.
          Big Sound System (100 Infinity 6x9's Boxed :: 2 JBL GTO 14" 255w Subs)
          Bull Bars (Slightly Customized)

.::To Do::.
          Tires MT 33's
          Snorkle
          4" Lift
          Tow Bar
          Wind Deflectors
          Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

its not to hard to do.you fit the drivers side first.
            Before you do it you need to slacken off the steering joints on the steering column 2 under the bonnet and 1 under the dash.You need to slacken the fuel filler pipe in the o/r arch also.
            Undo all the mounting bolts but leave them in place.Jack the drivers side of the body first just enough to slide the new mount spacer in then move onto the next one and so on.Theres 5 each side.Once the drivers side has been done and the new bolts slid in place then do the n/s the same as the o/s.Once all the spacers are fitted and the bolts put in then tighten them up and check the steering column and fuel filler pipe.If all is ok then tighten these right up.Then tighten all the body mount bolts and then make sure you can change gear ok as you may need to trim a bit of the gear lever tunnel a bit for you to be able to select all the gears and also the hi/lo lever aswell

There are some previous post and links with pictures about on the forum if you need to read up
            Last edited by stormforce; 23 March 2010, 11:46.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

awsome thanks, might go and take a brows on Friday
              3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

.:one::.
              Big Sound System (100 Infinity 6x9's Boxed :: 2 JBL GTO 14" 255w Subs)
              Bull Bars (Slightly Customized)

.::To Do::.
              Tires MT 33's
              Snorkle
              4" Lift
              Tow Bar
              Wind Deflectors
              Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

Working...
              X