yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a BJ lift stronger than a torsion bar wind up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a BJ lift stronger than a torsion bar wind up?

I'm going to be lifting my 2nd gen and was just wondering which lift is more robust, winding up the torsion bars, lifting with BJ spacers or does it not make a difference?

I'm unlikely to find uprated torsion bars in Nairobi and i'd be worried how long the would up originals would last on African roads where they're guaranteed to get frequent hard knocks.

Thanks

THE BALL JOINT SPACERS WILL BE THE BETTER OPTION FOR YOU OUT THERE RATHER THAN WINDING THE T/BARS UP.i WOULD THINK ABOUT FREE WHEELING HUBS OR IF YOU CAN'T GET THEM THEN USE DIFF SPACERS TO BRING THE DRIVE SHAFT ANGLE DOWN TO REDUCE WEAR ON THE CV'S
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      THE BALL JOINT SPACERS WILL BE THE BETTER OPTION FOR YOU OUT THERE RATHER THAN WINDING THE T/BARS UP.i WOULD THINK ABOUT FREE WHEELING HUBS OR IF YOU CAN'T GET THEM THEN USE DIFF SPACERS TO BRING THE DRIVE SHAFT ANGLE DOWN TO REDUCE WEAR ON THE CV'S
      Just because he's in Nairobi, doesn't mean you have to shout
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Ah, the internet is bad out here, it helps to shout!!

Thanks for the advice, any chance of a Surf train down to Nairobi with some parts for me?

It's a fun drive I can assure you!

Comment

I'm going to do a BJ lift in the near future, I'll post a guide here as and when

Comment

Working...
          X