roof rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof rack

any ideas on how i could fit this,the front will fit to rooof bars,just behind the sunroof does anyone now a way of fiting it to the back,
    Attached Files

I fitted a pair of bars off a frontera - They look just about perfect for that application. If you want me to measure them let me know.

Rob.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      I fitted a pair of bars off a frontera - They look just about perfect for that application. If you want me to measure them let me know.

Rob.
      thanks,was thinking bout them,are they dificult to fit,measurements be good,al have to pop up morrisons car park with me tape measure check out dif models n sizes

Comment

that look like a Thule Lappland roof crate - exactly the same one I've got fitted to mine.

If yours is a 3rd gen (hard to tell from piccies) you get a set of roof bars and C channel clips from Halfords (bars £40.00 ish & clips £28.00 ish). The crate then bolts to the bars with u-bolts (from local exhaust place, cost £3.00 each, you need 4).

If it's a second gen, I think you can get bars that clamp onto the door frame

job done

hope this helps
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
          that look like a Thule Lappland roof crate - exactly the same one I've got fitted to mine.

If yours is a 3rd gen (hard to tell from piccies) you get a set of roof bars and C channel clips from Halfords (bars £40.00 ish & clips £28.00 ish). The crate then bolts to the bars with u-bolts (from local exhaust place, cost £3.00 each, you need 4).

If it's a second gen, I think you can get bars that clamp onto the door frame

job done

hope this helps
          yeah its a thule lapland,a want it to sit behind sun roof so would only fit to roof bar on rear doors,seen what i want before wen a was out there the ones off a ford explorer,have to measure in see if they will fit,do you have a pic of yours fitted,thanks mines a 2nd gen

Comment

These were off a swb model iirc. Need to drop roof lining, drill 8 big holes and I made up some 3mm steel plates to strengthen the insides (rather that use washers.) Fairly easy but making sure the positions are perfect is the challenge. I made a jig out of plywood so my drill holes were spot on.

Rob.
            Attached Files

Comment

afternoon

can't get piccie at moment but, basically, on the 3rd gen, there are channels that run almost the whole lenght of the roof.

The clips you get simply spread out and clamp against them, the bars then go across them and I just bolted the crate to that.

blimey, hope that made sense

hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
                afternoon

can't get piccie at moment but, basically, on the 3rd gen, there are channels that run almost the whole lenght of the roof.

The clips you get simply spread out and clamp against them, the bars then go across them and I just bolted the crate to that.

blimey, hope that made sense

hawaii
                yeah,thanks,pic be good so a can see what it will look like wen fitted.is there much of difference in mpg ? am gonna go for the ford explorer rails on the back if they will fit

Comment

no prob, will sort piccie.
                  As far as mpg is concerned I have no idea, I fitted mine almost as soon as I got the truck and don't take it off.

It's perfect for putting the heavier stuff on when caravanning (awning, poles, windbreaks, bar BQ etc.). Only issue is getting stuff on & off but standing on the rear wheel helps.

hawaii

Comment

Working...
                  X