Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 3rd Gen Lift...

Hi All

I have posted on here before regarding lifts and done some research.

LA Supertrux seem like a professional outfit but they are looking to charge iro £3,400 for a 4"suspension and 3" body with new 15" alloys and 35x12.5x15 tyres (they call it the XXL) and I don't really want to be spending that.

From the previous help I have received, I know that the body lift will give me more arch clearance for the bigger tyres and the suspension lift will give me more clearance underneath. I deffo want bigger tyres and would like more clearance purely because I refuse to get my chassis anywhere near the water when launching my boat, but that's not vital as I don't go above my tyres anyway.

My questions are...

1 I don't want to spend money on a lift and not be able to see a good difference, so what would be a good size?

2 Which are the best lift kits to fit? (good ones with all necessary mods)

3 Does anybody know anyone near me that could fit them as I am useless with a spanner?

Cheers

Simon
    Cheers

Fernie

Where the hell do they get their prices from?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Where the hell do they get their prices from?
      I know, it's a lot of spondas. They obviously know their stuff, but still... It's times like this when I wish I knew one end of an elsie from the other!

Cheers

Simon
      Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Originally posted by Fernie69 View Post
        I know, it's a lot of spondas. They obviously know their stuff, but still... It's times like this when I wish I knew one end of an elsie from the other!

Cheers

Simon
        Looks to me like £1200 max for parts, the rest is just labour charge for about three hours work!

Yep, they sure know their 'stuff' alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
          is it possible to set a standard price for lift kits, there must be one!? If so i would be interested. I like the idea of members visiting to help and beer supplied etc, why done we get a lift crew organised for beer trips? Just an idea, i go a price for lift for £300 ish but the parts are nothing, 12 bushes and longer bolts,asfar as i know? Could be wrong!
          Yes, you are right but I think there is a bit more to it once you go above about 2" lift. I reckon other things need a mod or two.
          Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
            is it possible to set a standard price for lift kits, there must be one!? If so i would be interested. I like the idea of members visiting to help and beer supplied etc, why done we get a lift crew organised for beer trips? Just an idea, i go a price for lift for £300 ish but the parts are nothing, 12 bushes and longer bolts,asfar as i know? Could be wrong!
            For 300 quid I will supply the beer and the body lift parts do the lift and let you stay lol

Next day if you have the parts and another 200 I will do the suspension lift before you head home
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              For 300 quid I will supply the beer and the body lift parts do the lift and let you stay lol

Next day if you have the parts and another 200 I will do the suspension lift before you head home
              Told you someone would do it cheap Fernie!

Admittidly not as cheap as the mug of tea an bacon sandwhich i suggested.. But never the less!

Comment

That is a hilarious price given the truck itself is probably worth £2500 - £3000

I dont know why 'stein doesn't make some 'proper' lift kits with stuff like trailing arm relocators etc. I'm pretty sure it would come in at much much less than that. Let's face it, fitting it is hardly rocket science!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

Hi Mate,

Is that a genuine offer (except the bit about the beer and staying! Plus I can have a dizzy then... ;-)) and (with respect) do you know what you're doing, LOL?!

If so, I will send you an emither and we can start the dialogue.

Cheers

Simon
                  Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    That is a hilarious price given the truck itself is probably worth £2500 - £3000

I dont know why 'stein doesn't make some 'proper' lift kits with stuff like trailing arm relocators etc. I'm pretty sure it would come in at much much less than that. Let's face it, fitting it is hardly rocket science!
                    £2500 - £3000, How very dare you?! Ye I know, it's mental really. If Yoshie does it I'll have some change for some more mods!!!

Apache, trust me, it is rocket science to me!

Anyone know which Lift kit is best or if not a kit, a list of things I will need and where to get them? Sorry as well as a pen pusher, all this is very new to me!

Cheers

Simon
                    Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                      Told you someone would do it cheap Fernie!

Admittidly not as cheap as the mug of tea an bacon sandwhich i suggested.. But never the less!
                      Yep, you were right Rod - top man! Speak soon and thanks again for your advice!!

Cheers

Simon
                      Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

with all due respect andy thats exactly why we dont make them,nobody would want them just like all the other stuff we produce everyone asks for, where to get this and where to get that,we see an opening in the market produce the kit,tell you guys about it and then everyone vanishes,into thin air.no one wants it.so if you do want a proper lift kit we can do it but it will be a one off.but to be honest at £40 ph and materials and design work its gonna cost a bomb.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                          with all due respect andy thats exactly why we dont make them,nobody would want them just like all the other stuff we produce everyone asks for, where to get this and where to get that,we see an opening in the market produce the kit,tell you guys about it and then everyone vanishes,into thin air.no one wants it.so if you do want a proper lift kit we can do it but it will be a one off.but to be honest at £40 ph and materials and design work its gonna cost a bomb.
                          Must be frustrating stein, I have had a scout round and found this site...

http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/aca...ms_Toyota.html

Although I haven't spoken to them yet. Any chance you could shed a bit of light on the best body & sus lift to make a visible difference, fit 35s and it not cost a fortune needing loads of other mods. If all of the above is not possible, feel free to say so. I would rather spend a few more quid than be thinking " Bl**dy 'ell, I can;t really see a difference!"

I guess Yoshie will also be able to give me some pointers here too... Are you there Yoshie!!?

Cheers

Fernie
                          Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Originally posted by Fernie69 View Post
                            Hi Mate,

Is that a genuine offer (except the bit about the beer and staying! Plus I can have a dizzy then... ;-)) and (with respect) do you know what you're doing, LOL?!

If so, I will send you an emither and we can start the dialogue.

Cheers

Simon
                            Dont want to speak for the man.
                            But he's serious
                            Did it for/with me a few years back
                            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                              Dont want to speak for the man.
                              But he's serious
                              Did it for/with me a few years back
                              Cheers BPS,

That's good news, I'll wait till he comes back to me then and if not I'll emither him. Can I ask what lift you had done and what kit you used please? I hope he's not expecting much more than a labourer from me - I can pass spanners but they'll probably be the wrong way round!

Cheers

Fernie
                              Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Working...
                              X