Roof tray mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof tray mounting

Hi guys. Ive got myself an ally roof tray but im not sure on how im going to mount it. It has fixings to bolt onto thule bars but I dont really want to use bars are there is no way of fixing the rear one past the door. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

There's only one acceptable/secure way of fixing it to the roof of a Surf.

Comment

Which is?

Comment

Have a read here....
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ight=roof+rack

Comment

What are the measurements ? I put a pair of frontera rails on the rear part of my roof and it looks like it would work with them.

Rob.

Comment

I was thinking of puting a long bolt through the tray and through a polly bush or something similar then through the roof and a large washer and nut. Sealed in between with silicon. probably 3 each side. Any thoughts?

Comment

I was thinking about using something like these if they are atleast 2" wide and bolted through the braces that go accross the roof
              Attached Files

Comment

I bolted mine through the roof stiffeners. However, i bolted into ally blocks which I threaded M12 so no bolts went right through, and put neoprene sheet between the block and the roof to make sure. Been on for 6 months or so, no sign of any leaks.

Last edited by Apache; 22 September 2009, 15:19.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Looks good. I was thinking of doing it the same way as you have but then I thought about using the engine mounts in the pic above just to give it a bit of give and take if there is any flexing.

Comment

Originally posted by G@ZZ@ View Post
                    I was thinking about using something like these if they are atleast 2" wide and bolted through the braces that go accross the roof
                    Excellent idea, I like it.

Comment

Sounds like a plan.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Im off to the Algarve on Friday so when I get back it will be first job on the list and I will post some pics up.

Comment

Working...
                        X