+2" rear springs ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +2" rear springs ????

can i get away with just changing the rear springs for +2" or do i need to do anything else?

You don't NEED to, but you should change the shocks, reposition the LSV arm, put a longer flexi brake hose on, fit a longer panhard rod and drop the ARB brackets.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Pardon me for saying but did'nt i cover all this in the write up on your last post?
      apart from that, all of wot he said applys, you could just change the springs, all depends what you do with the truck, if it's just for on the road, you'll get away with the old shocks but it'll top out on bumps etc, (bang) you'd have to see how "stretched" the break hose is when you've dont the lift, spacer the whole load sensor bit down a bit if it looks too tight, and if you dont change or alter the panard rod it'll pull the body out of line a bit,
      is it a matter of finance's?
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i fitted +2's to the back of mine,no issues atall,and just wound out the load sensor on axle to its last thread,all seems fine

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Pardon me for saying but did'nt i cover all this in the write up on your last post?
          apart from that, all of wot he said applys, you could just change the springs, all depends what you do with the truck, if it's just for on the road, you'll get away with the old shocks but it'll top out on bumps etc, (bang) you'd have to see how "stretched" the break hose is when you've dont the lift, spacer the whole load sensor bit down a bit if it looks too tight, and if you dont change or alter the panard rod it'll pull the body out of line a bit,
          is it a matter of finance's?
          i want to do it properly but finances are spread out so a little here and there is what i was hopind to do until i can get it all done.

Comment

Fair enough mate, in that case you can just do the spring change without any major issues, just remember when you undo and drop the axel to fit em also undo the break load sensor (three bolts) and unclip the pipe from above it so you dont muller it, then just see wot it's like with the new springs and with the axel at it's lowest (truck jacked up and axel hanging) old shocks will do ya for now (my old ones are still on and been through mot etc been on for almost six months, just an annoying bang on speed bumps etc)
            panard rod will be the only prob as i can see, without shelling out 80-100 quid for an adjustable one i'd cut and weld, do you have or know someone who has a welder arc or mig? be happy to do it for you if you aint too far away

Comment

thanks popeye, i am ordering springs from roughtrax now, will fit saturday and update.

best wishes

Comment

Your welcome, getting the bolts out the radus arms is a bit fiddley, question of jacking the axel and tapping em out with a drift, trial and error, see how everthing looks when the new springs are in, ARB links should be easy to drop, longer links or make up a bracket, (or dump the whole thing, like i have)

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  Your welcome, getting the bolts out the radus arms is a bit fiddley, question of jacking the axel and tapping em out with a drift, trial and error, see how everthing looks when the new springs are in, ARB links should be easy to drop, longer links or make up a bracket, (or dump the whole thing, like i have)
                  new springs arrived today and they are exacly the same as my original toyota ones, not happy!

Comment

Are they the +2" types? You didnt order normal by mistake?!

And compression will have a huge effect on them aswell.. did you fit them an see the result?

Comment

yes, part # su005, fitted and they're the same gap as before, measured 8 1/4" before and after.

they are thicker than the originals but both same height too and ad states they should be different.

i am awiting a reponse from barry @ roughtrax.

Comment

Sounds like you got uprated (stiffer) springs, thats why i went for the LC ones, as i'd heard dissapointing results before regarding increased lift, Barrys a reasonable/helpfull bloke tho, best to give him a phone call, how much were the springs btw?

Comment

£88 give or take a few pence, spoke to barry, top man, i have got one wrong spring and he is sorting it asap.

i am very impressed with the service i have to say. they are very good at sorting this out and he also gave a lot of extra tips and advice regarding my projects.

well worth a visit and i will def be using again with backup like that.

Comment

When I did the same as you, mine definitely had the back sitting a bit higher, even without any changes to the shocks, etc. I could tell because I had to wind the caravan jockey wheel higher than normal to get the hitch on the hook. After towing for a couple of hundred miles it seems to have settled down a little, but solo the back is still about 1 1/2in higher than before.
                            Mike G

Comment

I did mine with +2" springs and got a hell of a lift! The arse sag on mine was so back I got 4", +"2 to standard height and +2" lift!

I didn't change anything else on the back end and I even changed the springs without taking anything but one wheel at a time off off, but I did have to use 2 pairs of spring compressors though!

The old springs were so bad my brother was compressing them by hand on the floor but the new ones didn't shift at all, like I said, the old ones were properly knackered!

Ray.
                              I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
                              X