Free full length roof rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free full length roof rack

I reckon this is OK! Transit roof rack found in the local skip in great condition. Sizing the rack was a breeze. I am not keen on roof rails or bars and needed it close to the roof so on it went direct! so far no leaks or rattles :-)
    Attached Files

How is it attached? Have you just drilled through the roof and bolted it?!
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Looks like it was made for the surf

Comment

Yeah bolted straight to the roof, I ran steel supports under the roof lining from one side of the roof to the other and of course made sure the fittings were water tight. I don’t think it needed the supports but they are there now. The most difficult thing was removing the 4 roof lining plugs

I used to have Thule roof bars with a small rack but I often carry wood the length of the surf so I really had to get something sorted out. I got tired of bidding on half suitable racks on Ebay for silly money that did not run the required length.

Comment

well done mate its just what im looking for at the moment,can you tell me any more about it eg make,i know you said it come off a tranni but iv looked all over ebay to find one that looks the same also lenth and width,no joy
          Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

Originally posted by 123-gtt View Post
            well done mate its just what im looking for at the moment,can you tell me any more about it eg make,i know you said it come off a tranni but iv looked all over ebay to find one that looks the same also lenth and width,no joy
            Thanks!!!

I only have the chap from the rubbish dumps word for it that the roof rack was from a transit. It originally was much to big, but due to the build style of the rack, It was easy to cut it down and size! A drill and my angle grinder, but I could have used a hack saw. It took me around half an hour to re-size, and I removed the fittings for the roof gutters.

I fitted spacers at the bolts to stop the bottom roof rack runs hitting the roof and give the required space needed for my spare wheel J-bolt etc.

If I see one like it I'll give you a shout

Comment

looks good , good find eh
              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbill View Post
                Thanks!!!

I only have the chap from the rubbish dumps word for it that the roof rack was from a transit. It originally was much to big, but due to the build style of the rack, It was easy to cut it down and size! A drill and my angle grinder, but I could have used a hack saw. It took me around half an hour to re-size, and I removed the fittings for the roof gutters.

I fitted spacers at the bolts to stop the bottom roof rack runs hitting the roof and give the required space needed for my spare wheel J-bolt etc.

If I see one like it I'll give you a shout
                cool cheers but iv found one not the same but close,it came off a ducato lwb so big,15ft hopeing to make 2 and sell one,but cheers the insperation
                Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

Working...
                X