exhaust length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust length

ive lobbed me rear bumper. (prefer without, an it was a rusty pizza s##t.
    but the exhaust hung down like a horse's johnson, so ive took the last 22" off. its now 16" short of the back of the body, and 8" short of the side.
    question is, is this legal? (looks ok) or do i have to get the ol' welder out and extend to side of body?

should extend beyond the bodywork apparently for an mot, but a lot of modern cars have the exhausts hidden away and exiting underneath the car somewhere, so i don't know how that works?

there's no mention of it here, i assume this is a full copy of the testers handbook? http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m3i00000101.htm
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

cheers. suppose i'll leave as is. mot time comes, and they start crying, it'll take ten mins to weld a small bend on.
      or even just clamp a shiny bend on.

Comment

Mine just went through MOT fine without the end of the exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by blakarm View Post
          ive lobbed me rear bumper.
          Feels good, hey?
          Strippit-binnit I say. Top tip- How often do you use the rear heater?
          You can remove the centre console, heater unit and the under-body pipes.
          The rear heater is one of the most blingy waste of space things and more often than not is blocked.
          chris