Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air lockers

ok guys here is the question:
    where is the best place to get air lockers from? and which ones do I need? ideally a kit with everything included. i've decided to go for it!
    kzn130. it's time to show those LR's a thing or two!
    Member of the 115,000k club

Originally posted by PC-Surf View Post
    ok guys here is the question:
    where is the best place to get air lockers from? and which ones do I need? ideally a kit with everything included. i've decided to go for it!
    kzn130. it's time to show those LR's a thing or two!
    I hope you've got deep pockets then, you're looking at nearly 900 quid for two ARB air lockers.

Type Aussie locker into google, it's what I'm getting.

Comment

I know it's expensive but it feels like the next unatural progression. cheers dude. let me know how it goes? what sizes are needed?

Comment

they look good but I am looking at air lockers front and back for mine. Anyone know which set I need? how many spline and inch? I saw it on here a while ago but i'm buggered if I can find it now!

Comment

8" for the rear and 7.5" for the front mate.

Not sure on spline im afraid!

With front and rear lockers an those tasty 33's your truck should be damn near unstoppable!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            8" for the rear and 7.5" for the front mate.

Not sure on spline im afraid!

With front and rear lockers an those tasty 33's your truck should be damn near unstoppable!
            That's the plan. Being the only Surf in the club over here means I have to keep our end up. This should just about complete how I want the surf. Apart from winches etc. Ride wise I'm hoping this will really sort a few things out. Just trawling the site now trying to find out the spline numbers.
            Thanks for your help. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

You need an RD132 for the rear (it used to be an RD23 I think, but it's been updated to accomodate the different bearing sizes) and an RD90 for the front. Devon 4x4 and TBR UK are a couple of possible suppliers. You might want to consider just fitting the rear locker as the front diff isn't exactly renowned for it's strength. I've just got a rear locker and if that doesn't get me out then it's winch time anyway
              Last edited by Gamedawn; 6 February 2009, 13:47.
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

let me know if you find anything, i'm looking for some air lockers for the rear. i wouldn't want to do it in the front unless i had SAS.

Comment

I never did get round to this and now I have a baby on the way I doubt i will. Would putting lockers in strengthen the joints or lessen breakages t all? The front end I don't think is coping with the 33" 12.50 I have on at the moment. already replaced wheels barings and now the noises coming from around the front is awful. several different sounds, squeeling, chattering, squeeking, clunking and grinding. pulling to the left and the tracking is shot! Hmmmm didn't think all this through really did I!

Comment

I tentatively think I can back up your theory of 33s (all that extra weight and rotational mass) overstressing the front end.

Since going to 33s, I've had to replace shocks and wheel bearings, and am about to replace wishbone balljoints, track rod ends (all), and steering idler. When you think about it, you probably almost double the weight that's bouncing around, and when it's spinning, the extra loads are significant.

However, it may just be that when you buy 33s, you are likely using the truck harder than you would a standard truck. AND my truck is ~15 years old, and the bits I'm replacing are the originals.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I'm sure it's the first half of your last post. i havn't actually done much offroading since moving to 33's and there is a hell of a lot more extra weight! Like you say a lot more force is needed to turn the wheels etc. I'm looking at going back to 31's if I don't sell her outright that is.

Comment

I am thining of installing either an Aussie or an ARB locker on my 92 Surf. Can anyone advise me the locker part #s as I cant seem to find them on the net.

Also have a 94 3 door Prado fitted with 1kz engine. Would like to install a locker in the rear but again cant find the locker part/ reference number to place my order.

Cheers
                        Sajid

Comment

Working...
                        X