Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 -3 inch body lift

hi can enye one tell me what i have to extend on the 2nd gen surf plz

Possibly the fuel tank filler tube, but you may be lucky and have enough flex in it.
    The front bumper will need lift brackets to match what ever bodylift you have.
    The steering shaft spline coupler will need adjusting where it goes through the bulkhead.
    The opening in the floor around the transfer case lever will want filing so that it doesn't rub when in 'H'
    Your radiator will want lowering too by the same amount as the lift.

Comment

ok cheers mate thanks for the advice

Comment

The things Vince has mention are if you do a 2" bodylift.If you do a 3" bodylift you will then need to extend the the hi/lo lever,extend the steering column,extend the fuel filler pipeand also check the coolant pipes aswell where they go through the bulkhead as they may need to to extended a bit also.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I did this to my 2nd Gen and I didn't need to extend fuel tube. I havn't dropped the rad and it is fine. Still need to get bumper brackets as at the moment it is bolted on on the sides but the main bolts in the centre aren't - cable ties are a wonderfull invention! Not ideal though!!! I had to remove some of the radiator shroud. That was about it I think. I just got away with not filing around the hi low selector too. You just have to see what happens when you do it. When your lifting it just keep a close eye on everything when it's lifting.
          Member of the 115,000k club

Comment

i havent got the equip or the know how to do a 2" body lift anywere near me that can fit it and sort out all those little problems? i need to do it pretty soon cause i need new tyres and want to go up to 33"s
            cheers

Comment

Working...
            X