engine and gearbox lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine and gearbox lift

just done a 2" body lift and fitted some landrover rear springs with ball joint spacers etc... with 33s but the transpher box still looks to low has any one done a lift with a moded cross member and moded engine mounts ?also looks like it do do with a differant fuel tank ,relocated to where the spare wheel is to get the clearance up a bit

Originally posted by kida4ever View Post
    just done a 2" body lift and fitted some landrover rear springs with ball joint spacers etc... with 33s but the transpher box still looks to low has any one done a lift with a moded cross member and moded engine mounts ?also looks like it do do with a differant fuel tank ,relocated to where the spare wheel is to get the clearance up a bit
    Not really much need for it over here but if you really want to do something like that then look to Yotatech for inspiration. Plenty on there have done drivetrain lifts.
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

what you really need to be looking for is a low profile x member.that would give you plenty of clearance.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Like this......

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Like this......
          thats what iam thinking about but the gearbox must be higher as well to get the clearance for the front prop,ive got 34 cm clearance at the cross member at the mo .going laneing in derbyshire on sunday with it for the first time (only done 100 miles in it so far) so ill see where it scrapes and go from there i think

Comment

Land rover springs?!? Got any pics?

You shouldn't have a problem if you go for a low profile crossmember. If its still unbearable after. The front suspension housing is fixed as is that cross member. You could add some body armour between the two to protect the front prop..

if need be!

Comment

Unless you've got portal axles, the front diff will be the first in line for a bashing, not the gearbox.

Comment

the diff will only get bashed on the big rocks and the rear is lower than the front anyway and thats the same for all trucks and you can drive round them .its more for when your going down big steps or a ledge like going down chaplegate , stanage and roachclough kind of lanes

Comment

well the first thing i would do is to do a 3" or 4" body lift then remount the engine and box higher up.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

went green laneing and overal it did really well ,the cross member took a couple of big bashers so going to lift the engine and box into the 2" space the body lift gave me and make a low profite cross member and rear bumper

Comment

Hi,
                      4Crawler (US) makes and sells lift blocks which would save you a lot of time. Also, there afew suppliers of crossmembers in the states but shipping would be high. I`m interested in one if you do make the crossmember yourself- but for a 1.5" bodylift.

I`ve just made a low-profile rear-bar out of my tow-bar. I couldn`t look at the dented chrome stock bumper any more. Just as well as it weighed a ton with all the rust and mud on the inside! I`ve basically swung the towbar up on the brackets and welded side protection bars on. I used the left over steel 50x25x3mm from my slider project. The bar is well tucked in and I will post a pic when finished. Makes my Powerflow exhaust hang too low now though so will have to relocate that- possibly to the RHS as it`s loud!!
                      cheers,
                      chris