Oi, Mudsurfer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oi, Mudsurfer!!

If you want to carry a couple of Jerry cans, why not make a rear bumper with a drawer like doings in it and store em underneath? Out of sight of the pikey types, and a bit lower to keep all the doom mongers happy?
    I is Genius....
    it's in me shed, mate.

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
    If you want to carry a couple of Jerry cans, why not make a rear bumper with a drawer like doings in it and store em underneath? Out of sight of the pikey types, and a bit lower to keep all the doom mongers happy?
    I is Genius....

If you truely want the crown of genius placed upon your bonce, you need to fab up a prototype and stealthily attach it to my truck....then, and only then will you be deemed as a genius!!

But, for now - you are a genius in training - as that is a splendid suggestion!!!!!!

And now, to test my fabrication skills....(that are none by the way)
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I might be able to do a cardboard mock up....
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

wouldn't it be easier just to get a 2nd tank to sit where the underslung spare wheel would have done?

Or move the spare wheel back to underneath? It only takes 12 little bolts to retrofit an underslung mechanism & supports, then still use the existing spare carrier for fuel? Or extend the spare carrier to take a jerry can rack in front of where the numberplate would be normally and relocate the number plate elsewhere, easiest place would be to stick it on the back of the new bit of carrier(technically it would need to be illuminated).

Or now it's gone that far why not fit the underslung carrier, aswell as the rear carrier giving you the capacity to carry two spare wheels without taking any room inside or on the rack, and still be able to carry 20l of fuel on an extended section of the carrier, which would also be offered a little protection by the spare wheel and wouldn't be too hard to fabricate at all.

I saw 10l metal jerry cans in a camping shop the other day, which were nice and small and would be much easier to find somewhere for.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

I drewed it! make it like that! do it do it now!!
          Have you done it yet?
          The covers for the slidey slotty bit to put the can in double up as steps, how cool is that? to be extra cool, make the flaps drop on a cable release from inside, like the filler cover(security, see?)
          (if this works, I want a free one-copyright ennit)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Chillitt; 28 May 2008, 18:27.
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
            wouldn't it be easier ....blah blah blah
            Whats easy got to do with it?
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
              I drewed it! make it like that! do it do it now!!
              Have you done it yet?
              The covers for the slidey slotty bit to put the can in double up as steps, how cool is that? to be extra cool, make the flaps drop on a cable release from inside, like the filler cover(security, see?)
              (if this works, I want a free one-copyright ennit)

I cant see it, did you have any ink in you pen (or lead in your pencil)
              i have the spare tank!! it's the money to fill it up i aint got,
              Mud!!! a landy 110 defender SWB tank fits under there nice,
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36706
              Last edited by POPEYE; 29 May 2008, 06:10.
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                I cant see it, did you have any ink in you pen (or lead in your pencil)
                i have the spare tank!! it's the money to fill it up i aint got,
                Mud!!! a landy 110 defender SWB tank fits under there nice,
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36706
                Click on it and its just about visible.. I couldn't find a pen so I did it with a pencil....
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I'm going to buy you some pens.....

Looks bloomin' good though....right, so I need:

Some steel
                  A welder
                  Some talent.......
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I've got the welder....
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment