Aircon. Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon. Fan

Further to my air-con system removal "mod", and after some thought, I have decided to re-fit the aircon fan back where it was. Obviously without the aircon rad it will blowing straight on to the main rad. The fan itself looks quite robust and efficient. I want to wire it up using ,you guessed it, the aircon wiring harness. The difference is I only need 2 wires for the fan and I plan on making the aircon switch on the dash an ON-OFF switch, preferably permanent live. Has anybody done this?
    cheers,
    chris
    Powered by Toyota!

I've buggered about with my fans a bit but not too sure what it is your doing!
    is it just to blow air up onto the engine to help cooling?
    what i did was get another front mount "back up" fan so i have two infront of the rad, with a removal of the cowling and a couple of holes drilled it fits along side the original one, these are hooked up via relays to a battery permannt feed and a corolla sensor so they come on earlier and run on after the ign is switched off, plus i fitted a second rad over the back suspension chassi mounts with an old A/C fan on that, this set up certainly helps temp wise and brings it down pretty quick
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I run two A/C fans on my 4runner, exactly the same as Ian has (but mine are dirty!) and binned the big fan behind the rad, mine main fan had no viscous coupling, and would hurl water around when wading, which isn't great on a petrol motor . Works just great.

I wired mine with a Kenlowe control kit, with an adjustable 'stat, switchable override on and off manually on the dash and probe in the top hose.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi Guys,
        Thank you for the replies and pics. I just thought it`s a waste to have the fan sitting round after removing the aircon. You`ve both assured me it`s a fine thing to do with it!
        The two fan set up looks good but for now I`ll refit the one back in it`s original place. All I want is a simple wire up to the aircon switch so it would be completely manual- though the ign. would need to be on.
        Is it just a case of plugging the fan back in to it`s wiring socket?
        cheers,
        chris