where....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where....

....can i buy the upgraded wiring loom for the headlights. i thought roughtracks did it????

Originally posted by sledge
    ....can i buy the upgraded wiring loom for the headlights. i thought roughtracks did it????
    thems did
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

so who does now ??

Comment

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...OnLineOrdering

Ta Da

Comment

Any good and has anyone here bought 1?

Cheers

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ed+loom&page=2
            Bunkle
            Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Blinding, pardon the pun. Just placed the order. Is this the right 1? Dual H4 Switched Ground Harness-Intl

Thanks
              Last edited by The Hornet; 22 January 2008, 16:57.

Comment

I have received the loom but no instructions. Does anyone have a write up link for fitting please?

Thanks men

Comment

All the instructions are on the 4crawler site here

But basically, unplug the plug that currently goes into the back of each headlight, and swap it for the plugs on the new harness. Plug one of the old plugs into the socket on the harness. Attach the black wire on each plug to a suitable ground position (i.e. bit of bodywork etc). Attach the other end of the harness to a +ve terminal on a battery. Report back here as to how much better the lights are now so that we can all place our orders.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

Thanks for that. Can I stick these in? http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/pro...0&cat=0&page=1

Comment

Make sure you let us know how it is etc!! Im tempted to get one - just wanna make sure you got the right one before i get one

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet View Post
                        Thanks for that. Can I stick these in? http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/pro...0&cat=0&page=1
                        I don't know. It's going to depend on the rating of the relays and the wiring. If they are specced to cope with the standard bulbs, then they may not be happy trying to run them. As long as the relays and cable are at least 14amp, then you're good to go. Should be easy to check the relays as that info should be on them. Harder to be sure of the wires - should might need to email 4crawler.
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Given that he sells a heavy duty version, I suspect that there may not be much spare capacity in the harnesses.

Double check, or risk it all bursting into flames.
                          Paul </Slugsie>
                          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out an pdate when I'm done.

Simon

Comment

Aswell as the wiring considerations - one other thing to consider is whether the headlamp units themselves will be ok with 160w bulbs, the bulbs will produce far more heat than standard bulbs.

I had 100/80w bulbs on an uprated loom in my pre facelift 2nd gen and no problems, but i have heard of other vehicles suffeing from reflectors beginning to melt and so on with the extra heat of uprated bulbs.
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X