Solid axle swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
    Oh cr4p, Nigel, I really wish you hadn't just posted that price ..........

Shyte, what's a girl to do eh??????
    Buy a landcruiser!!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Supertrux
      If a forum member were to buy the kit and the springs from us and supply their own axle we would do the swap for £450 inc vat

£476 for parts
      £450 for fitting
      £200?for an axle

£1126 all in

regards Nigel

Expensive ?????

regards Nigel

HOLY SH!T!!

Nigel , Great value mate!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        Buy a landcruiser!!
        Hi Charlie,

Nah - too easy - but very nice.............
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

coils or leafs

howsit goin all ,, im just about 2 do an sas on my baby but im not sure weather 2 go with leaf springs or coil ,, my mate had a 4in lift with coils but still had the ifs on it and it was a bit sloppy i havent had the chance 2 drive one with an sas yet , but im thinking leaf would make a better ride , does anyone have any info for me tnx .

Comment

I built the LA Coiler some years ago with a coil spring front end. It worked ok, but in the end I fitted a leaf spring front suspension, and it worked fine for me.

regards Nigel
            Monster trucks, BIG,Loud,Fast, What's not to like?

Comment

tnx Supertrux looks like the leafs will b goin on , now im only goin up 4inches and im not 2 sure what shocks i should use , rancho 9000's r my first choice only because everyone seems have them , but i dont really know much about any other brands tnxs

Comment

Originally posted by cpt bender View Post
                tnx Supertrux looks like the leafs will b goin on , now im only goin up 4inches and im not 2 sure what shocks i should use , rancho 9000's r my first choice only because everyone seems have them , but i dont really know much about any other brands tnxs
                If a lot of people use them, Id give them a shot!

In general theres a talk about shocks right now, The Procomp ES9000's - cheap but seems to be issues. The TJM's - expensive but quality an some others that i cant remember

Comment

My thoughts on shocks:

Of the many makes out there, there definitely are better shocks than the pro comp items, but and it is a BIG but. They all cost more. Now more is ok but over the last 16 year of messing with trucks i have come to believe that the pro comps are the best shock per pound spent.

By this I mean that a Bilstien is better than a pro comp, but is it 3 times as good, coz its 2 times the price??

I can use any shocks on my own truck and I can sell any brand to my customers, I use and choose pro comp.

Just my ten cents worth.

regards Nigel
                  Monster trucks, BIG,Loud,Fast, What's not to like?

Comment

thx fellas i'll look into the pro comps , i guess now it all depends on the cost 2 what i'll pick , i will let u alll know when its done and post some pics 4 yu all ,tnx again ,, and have a drink 4 australia day ,,,

Comment

Working...
                    X