Gen3 turrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen3 turrets

I've made a spacer for the turret top on my gen 3, its 18mm thick (to give 32mm lift) and would like to know how easy is it to remove the turret and does it come out as an assembly.

Mark.....
    Let taste be the enemy of art!

The strut has one big bolt at the bottom, and three nuts at the top. Once its out, one central bolt holds it all together.

You need to compress the spring to get it apart, or you'll be picking bits out of the ceiling!

Check you won't run out of travel on the strut, when I fit longer springs, they are matched to a longer strut shock.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers Tony,
      If I'm just bolting the spacer to the top of the assy, I guess I wont need to take it apart, do you think its possible to just undo the top three nuts, and then slip the spacer (with new studs fitted) in-between, without undoing anything els

Mark

Comment

OK, I thought you ment put it on top of the spring then bolt it back together, but your way is easier!

Longer struts are hard to get back in, this will be the same, you may still need to use spring compressors to get it back together.

I assume you made it like a wheel spacer, the orginal strut bolts to the spacer, then the spacer bolts to the strut support on the truck?

If so you'll need to rotate the top of the strut to get the bolts to line up, so you may have to slacken the central nut to twist it, but apart from that, it should be OK.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If you are not going to make them for others , can you put plans write up pic's etc on matts download site........via here

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38202
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Cheers again Tony, and yes your quite right, it will be like a wheel spacer, although the rear ones will look like somthing out of a 50's si-fi movie

Woodzie, I will do some pic's and write up for others, as I often get ideas from what other people do.

Mark.....

Comment

Working...
            X