Wheel and tyre advice wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel and tyre advice wanted

I'm looking for some DEEP steel wheels and tyres for my Surf, I intend to do a body lift and I was wondering how deep and how big I can go, and stay legal and still have lock to lock clearance.

any suggestions for retailers and types of wheels and tyres?

i saw some Bronco Grizzly claws I like the look of but I'm open to any suggestions.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Originally posted by KERRSURF
    I'm looking for some DEEP steel wheels and tyres for my Surf, I intend to do a body lift and I was wondering how deep and how big I can go, and stay legal and still have lock to lock clearance.

i saw some Bronco Grizzly claws I like the look of but I'm open to any suggestions.

I don't think you'd like Grizzly claws for eveyday road use, they'll shake your teeth out a low speeds, and blur your vision at higher speeds!

If you fit a 2" body lift plus a 2" suspension lift you could fit 33" mud terrain tyres on 10X15" wheels for that deep dished chunky look.

Comment

I think spitfire pretty much hit the nail on the head! You wont be able to get that deep a wheel on a 2" lift. 4" better, 5" better yet!

Just bear in mind, getting deep dish wheels requires a Deep dished wallet

Comment

Do they do grizzly claws in 15's or just 16's?? I know a few LR's that have got them and there on 16" rims. If your fitting wide rims with i big off set check they wont stick out from arches to much or you'll probably have to fit extensions to stay legal.
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Cheers for info.
          I did wonder about the Claws on road, I like most do my driving on road so I would be going for a tyre that looks good and performs well.
          I have around £600 to spend on a package and I'm thinking about polished steel rims and decent tyres.

anyone have any web links?

I will probably do the 2" body lift but suspension lift is out at the moment.
          Alan

Comment

Cheers for info.
            I did wonder about the Claws on road, I like most do my driving on road so I would be going for a tyre that looks good and performs well.
            I have around £600 to spend on a package and I'm thinking about polished steel rims and decent tyres.

anyone have any web links?

I will probably do the 2" body lift but suspension lift is out at the moment.
            A suspension lift is quite cheap, Cheaper then a body lift if you dont change the shocks. check out 4crawler, rear coil spacers are bout £60 incl shipping. tweak the torsion bars an your sorted for 33's

Comment

mmm, interesting.

I'll look into that. cheers
              Alan

Comment

Working...
              X