How Does An 'A' Bar Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does An 'A' Bar Fit

Hi, I recently acquired a 1992 Hilux Surf and have just bought a secondhand 'A' bar for it. The bar also came from a 92 Surf. It looks like an original Toyota bar but I can't figure out how it fits. I have a feeling that there may be a couple of brackets missing.

These are the bar fittings:

And these are the chassis rails of the vehicle:

It looks like I'm missing a right angle bracket of some sort that would attach to the two forward bolts at the front of each chassis rail. I wonder if anyone has a similar 'A' bar if they could have a look for me.

The bar itself is the same as this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Many thanks folks
    Last edited by cruiser; 30 July 2007, 21:47.

yeah there's part of the bracket missing from that, it should bolt up using the bolts from the towing hooks on each side, take the eyes off, offer the bar up and refit the hooks with the bar between the towing hooks and the chassis rails. Or at least that's how my bull bar fits.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Thats exactly what you are missing, two right angled brackets that fit as Nero said. I did have 2 spare ones but dieselboy now has them. Perhaps he will come along soon and offer to take a pic of them so you can see what you need

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Many thanks for the quick reply guys, I got back on to the chap I bought the bar off and he says they will still be on the car (it's one he's breaking and took the bar off himself for me). He's going to get them off tonight and send them to me tomorrow.

Thought I was going either mad or getting more stupid in my old age for a while there!!

Comment

Working...
        X