Ways To Lift The Front.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways To Lift The Front.

I am going to buy some ES9000s today and just wondering which ones to buy ? I have got some springs that i have been told they are 3" lift for the rear.Do i get 2" lift shock or is there a 4" available and would you recomend them as i might do a 2"body lift on the surf yet !! What is the best way to lift the front end ?? I have wound the torsion bars up 1 1/4". I need to take the front up maybe another 1 1/2" to 2" yet and not sure what the best way to do it is ?? Also while im here ! What are the spring spacers like instead of a body lift ? What would be the best option ?
    Thanks adam.

Originally posted by v8 jeep
    I am going to buy some ES9000s today and just wondering which ones to buy ? I have got some springs that i have been told they are 3" lift for the rear.Do i get 2" lift shock or is there a 4" available and would you recomend them as i might do a 2"body lift on the surf yet !! What is the best way to lift the front end ?? I have wound the torsion bars up 1 1/4". I need to take the front up maybe another 1 1/2" to 2" yet and not sure what the best way to do it is ?? Also while im here ! What are the spring spacers like instead of a body lift ? What would be the best option ?
    Thanks adam.
    Body lift won't effect shock lenghts, just get +3" for the rear, and +2" for the front.

Best option or cheapest option? Both with give wildly different results.

Fit manual hubs and you can 2 - 2 1/2"" or so out of the front just on the torsion bars. but things can start to get a little odd feeling if your torsion bars are weak, and alignment gets hard.

Diff drop and ball joint spacers help, diff drop spacers more so with the CV angles.

Best option is to buy a 4" suspension lift. But its also the most expensive.

Spring spacers will only lift the back. I wouldn't fit 2" spacers on top of 3" springs, the radius arms arn't long enough, the back wheel will be under your back door!

The beauty of the proper susension lift is the all the radius arm and wishbones are in the stock positions, and you still havn't fitted a body lift, so add a 2 or 3" body lift and you're in a position to fit 35" tyres.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Im going to order my back shocks in the next hour or so, Are you saying i want 3" lift shocks ?? to start me on my way ?? Cheers adam.

Comment

Hi Adam.Not sure if you have done the front end yet or not but i have fitted 1.5" ball joint spacers and have fitted 1" diff spacers also and cranked the t/bars up 1.5" and mine is ok.I have no arb's at all on my truck and since putting the b/j spacers on and only having 1.5" on the t/bars i have noticed the ride is softer than it was before i had the b/j spacers on and with the t/bars cranked up 2"
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
        X