Rear Roof Spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Roof Spoiler

Can I fit a rear roof spoiler to my surf without drilling holes?
    I have no idea how these things are fitted other than I like the look and know of a very cheap one up for grabs; in my particular shade.

Ok one for vanity but those who know without calling me names can comment.
    Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

you have to drill 4 6mm holes and one about 20mm. but its very straightforward to do
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Chillit - that's fast.
      What should you really be doing?

Comment

Hi, fitted one a while back with much help from ChilliTT, it aint too bad to do,
        You need to remove the rear top trim, just pops out with care, pull off the light wires (2), and drill a small pilot hole from the inside as in the pics, open em up to 6mm from the outside ( put masking tape over the drill area) then also on the inside drill a pilot to kake the wireing grommet, there is already a cutout in the double skin, open that up with a holesaw or stepdrill, paint some anti rust magubbins round the holes and bolt it on!

Worst part of this job is obtaining the bl00dy spoiler in the first place,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks for pics. I like the way the holes are pretty much marked out for you. I think my main concern is making holes in the body that just end up rusting over time. Even when I use a primer I seem to get rust?

Also what happens to the old 3rd brake light? Just unplug and plug to the new?
          Cheers

Comment

Yup first cut is the deepest, i'm used to it now cut holes all over, the rust is no prob, just paint some underseal around the hole, i used a little mastic around em as well, stop any water ingress, yeah provision is already made in the build for these genuine toyota accesories, makes things a deal easier, i'm hopeing they did it for the wheel carrier brackets (when i eventually get one)
            Good luck with ya mods, Ian

Ah missed that bit, just before i got a spoiler i got a 3rd break light, thats bits easy, you can either disregard the 3rd one and connect the spoiler one or tee em in together like i did, got two 3rd break lights (or 3rd & 4th if ya want to be picky) Also added some leds wired to the tail lights, fairly straightforward to do, run the wireing through the grommet that come with the spoiler,
            Last edited by POPEYE; 8 June 2007, 08:43.
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
              X