body lift problam, maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body lift problam, maybe?

just done a 2 inch body lift and the steering wheel feels a little siffer to turn, not much its just noticable. is there a problam there?

Originally posted by jamsironwork
    just done a 2 inch body lift and the steering wheel feels a little siffer to turn, not much its just noticable. is there a problam there?
    check where it goes through the bulk head it could be rubbing.
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Andy just a quick qestion on your lift.How much space on the splines of the steering shaft did you have b4 starting the lift as i am about to do mine but think i will be pushed for adjustment on the splines
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Did you release the steering clamp before you did the lift or you might have tensioned the column and be pulling the steering wheel into the top column bush .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

thanks for the responce, i didn,t release both clamps on the steering shaft just the one nearest the front. just undid the other one and got about a quarter inch more movment, feels better now.
          Richard i had about an inch of spline in each clamp still plenty left in there.

Comment

thanks for the responce, i didn,t release both clamps on the steering shaft just the one nearest the front. just undid the other one and got about a quarter inch more movment, feels better now.
            Richard i had about an inch of spline in each clamp still plenty left in there.
            thanks Andy thats about what i have got on mine but just wanted to make sure b4 i fitted everything else
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
            X