new gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new gauges

well while the forum was down i got down to fitting my new water and oil temp gauges, all made by TIM to match my name and my boost gauge. i got a triple pod holder with no idea where to put it but when it arrived i found a good spot.
    water temp / boost gauges are wired in already but I need to get something made to save tapping into the oil cooler but i have fitted the wiring already.

im well chuffed with this mod so far.

what is operating temps for the 2.4?
    Attached Files
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Originally posted by dirtydog
    well while the forum was down i got down to fitting my new water and oil temp gauges, all made by TIM to match my name and my boost gauge. i got a triple pod holder with no idea where to put it but when it arrived i found a good spot.
    water temp / boost gauges are wired in already but I need to get something made to save tapping into the oil cooler but i have fitted the wiring already.

im well chuffed with this mod so far.

what is operating temps for the 2.4?
    Looks good mate, The surf's got a big dash but their isnt really very many places to fit gauges is there, I got two down there where you got your three,
    also got the same prob with the oil gauge senders, got the gauges in but not the senders, i believe the original oil press sender is behind the filter somewhere , looks like a real ba$tard to get at and i need to put two "T" peices in there for the oil temp, oil press, and the original sender,You need babys arms with the strenght of popeye Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

well i can drill and tap the oil cooler but not sure about gettin swarf in the oil! might get an adapter made to put the sender in
      Tim

Comment

well i can drill and tap the oil cooler but not sure about gettin swarf in the oil! might get an adapter made to put the sender in
        What type/size of connection is the sender? Gauges look nice, BTW.

Comment

thanks look better now ive tidied the wiring up.

anyway - both gauges are electric and come with the same adapters (just as well when you drop one down the engine! ). the sender is sort of a solid brass pin which screws into 1 of 3 adapters (one of which fits perfectly into the thermostat housing spare plug!!), it has a small pin on the end to connect the feed wire.
          Tim

Comment

Wouldn't you be able to get a t-piece type housing from a hydraulic
            component supplier to bolt the adapter/sensor into? Can vaguely
            remember seeing an inline adapter for something like that. Will have
            a peek and see if I can find where/what it was.

Comment

yeah ive got a few adapter bits left over from my fuelcat so should be able to do something.
              Tim

Comment

yeah ive got a few adapter bits left over from my fuelcat so should be able to do something.
                It'd be a lot less worrying than tapping the cooler.
                Last edited by MattF; 4 August 2006, 23:18.

Comment

Tim, Gonna try these when i eventually find the original sender,
                  http://www.lma-group.com/motorsport/...ing_parts.html
                  they seem to have all sorts of adp's and also do flexie ones which might help,
                  I bought this "Opot" thing when i got my gauges after he said it fitted the surf
                  which sounded too good to be true and it was, it would have made things so much easier, remove oil filter fit pot replace filter and screw in senders, it took a total of four senders and came with blanking plugs for the ones you dont need, It was far too small and even if it was the right size it would put the filter right up against the steering shaft, it was about 30mm wide, Pity,
                  Last edited by POPEYE; 12 July 2006, 20:42.
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                  X