lift kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift kit

i have had my surf about 18 months now and think its time to super-size it. can anyone recommend a good garage in the north wales area to do the job for me. I would like to go up to 4 inches of lift(body 2 susp 2).i was going to go down the full Monty route and get 4 inches of suspension lift but this seems a bit pricey.
    let me know of any good guys up my neck of the woods plz.
    any advice welcome
    also what is the biggest tyre,wheel combination i can fit after the alterations are done?

4" lift will get you 33x12.5 tyres, but you may still get small rubbing issues on the bulkhead and front bumper on full lock. Depends on the wheel offset you have.

I had to space the front bumper forward 1" and cut the thick bit out if the front mud flaps on Linda's truck. This was with 10" wide rims with 27mm back spacing. But this was with 1 1/2" body lift and jacked front torsion bars.

Technically, you don't want to go over 1 1/2" of front suspension lift just by jacking the torsion bars, it rips the CV gaiters and wears the CV's, if you want the full 2" on the front you need diff drop spacers or Manual front hubs that you can keep unlocked while on the road and low profile bumps for the upper wishbone.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

body lift kit from danno £85 i think, afternoons work for you and a mate and small fortune saved. don't know about the other 2" you require, or take it to TonyN and let him do the lot while you go see the sights of Basingstoke for a few days...nice!

oops, too late!
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

thanks tony
        is it possible to just lift the body by 4 inches and leave the suspension alone?if i do this can i still fit the big tyres?

Comment

Originally posted by tachoking1
          thanks tony
          is it possible to just lift the body by 4 inches and leave the suspension alone?if i do this can i still fit the big tyres?
          Yeah, but big body lifts have there own issues, the gear levers need altering to stop them hitting the side of the hole in the floor, steering shaft needs lenghtening, front bumper mounts, rad mounts, filler pipe, brake lines, etc, etc....

3" is as big as I'd go on body lifts personally, after that the gap between the chassis and body looks a little big. But people have done it and been happy. And its cheaper than a 4" suspension lift, but the suspension lift is easier to fit.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks for the input tony.
            ill stick to 2 inch's of both.

Comment

Working...
            X