Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra seats (7 seater)

Hi All,
    A friend of mine is looking at getting a surf! Having looked at Discovery's etc which he is not over keen on, the only drawback is that he could do with 7 seats! I know the obvious thing is to look at landcruisers but he really does like the surf's.
    Question! Has anyone put a bench type seat in the back or any other kind of seating? With safety belts of course.
    Thanks for any info.

Tim.j
    Have a break Have a kwick krap

Originally posted by zoomin
    Hi All,
    A friend of mine is looking at getting a surf! Having looked at Discovery's etc which he is not over keen on, the only drawback is that he could do with 7 seats! I know the obvious thing is to look at landcruisers but he really does like the surf's.
    Question! Has anyone put a bench type seat in the back or any other kind of seating? With safety belts of course.
    Thanks for any info.

Tim.j
    There have been some on fleabay that have 7 seats so they are out there ,but few and far between
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Insurance may be a problem, as they are not a factory fitted extra and so may not fit in with their safety rules. Just a thought.
      You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

There isn't a lot of leg room in the back, as you have no foot wells. Small kids only if you fitted rear seats.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

a landcruiser must be a viable option then? 8 proper seats...
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I Work for a company that builds buses, one day last year I pulled out of the skip, an obsolite twin bench seat, I also manged to get hold of a pair of Lap seat belts. I have used it once or twice and the kids love sitting in the back. I fitted it back to back with the normal rear seat and I strapped it down to the anchor points it the boot with rachette straps because I didn't want to drill holes in the floor!
            I like Orientals

Comment

had to give up on the extra seats-it just aint gonna work. i think i'll need to buy a trailer when i take the mother in law out.
              Attached Files
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

try http://www.scotseats.com/products/se...ate/index.html
                I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

make sure you get a certificate that says they are up to british standards for your insurance
                  i had some put in a van and the insurance were fine as long as they were certified and to british standard
                  at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

there was a surf on ebay with an exrta 2 seats in the back if i can find it i will put a link up
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hear you go http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-TOYOTA-HI...QQcmdZViewItem

poppy
                      GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        There isn't a lot of leg room in the back, as you have no foot wells. Small kids only if you fitted rear seats.
                        Or Snoop size adults
                        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Working...
                        X