Wheel spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel spacers

I know there are loads of posts covering this subject but i cant find the answers i am looking for...

I would prefer using Delta Mic's steel 30mm spacers as i cant bring myself to trust steel bolts going into alloy spacers, is this rightfull thinking ????

Can thread lock be used to fix bolts to hub ???

Has anyone got any before and after pics of the installed spacers ???

One more thing, I $$$$$$ well love my surf !!!!!..Had it 3 days now...
    Attached Files

I do know what you mean about bolting the whels on into a block of aluminium, but, that IS what the wheels themselves are made of.....

Thee's also a few threads on here about the type of wheel spacers that come with extension bolts. Are they the ones you were on about?

General consensus on here is to steer clear!!! The bolts don't fit properly, and you have to shorten your trucks stud length.

That doesn't sound good to me!!!

Or, you could buy some new wheels with a different offset??
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
      I do know what you mean about bolting the whels on into a block of aluminium, but, that IS what the wheels themselves are made of.....

Thee's also a few threads on here about the type of wheel spacers that come with extension bolts. Are they the ones you were on about?

General consensus on here is to steer clear!!! The bolts don't fit properly, and you have to shorten your trucks stud length.

That doesn't sound good to me!!!

Or, you could buy some new wheels with a different offset??

Sorry I have not taken my wheel off yet, is it bolts or nuts that fix the wheel to the hub ??? In either case it still does not mean putting a steel bolt into an alloy thread....

Comment

Originally posted by david306
        Sorry I have not taken my wheel off yet, is it bolts or nuts that fix the wheel to the hub ??? In either case it still does not mean putting a steel bolt into an alloy thread....
        The truck has studs sticking out to attach the wheels. some wheel spacers (the cheaper ones) have extension studs that screw on to these studs, effectively lengthening them. They then have a 30mm spacer, to go over the extended studs, and the wheel then bolts on.

But.....

AFAIK, the internal thread length on the extension studs isn't as deep as the thread length is on the truck studs, so they don't bolt up tight enough. You ned to trim the truck studs down to length.

Personally, I'd rather not!
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Me neither! The best spacers are the ones that come with longer studs to replace the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Me neither! The best spacers are the ones that come with longer studs to replace the originals.
            I think the best option is a new set of wheels with the right offset!
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Aswell!

Comment

Working...
              X