X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it didnt take long......before i started

Well i knew it wouldnt be long......

and it wasnt

it all started when i needed to repair the heater matrix...which still is knackered...

firstly i got a Double din radio.......sony wx-c570r, tis the one fitted OEM by toyota to Avensis etc etc, i got it from a landcruiser

i want to replace some of the dash panels, as whoever had it before hacked it up to fit a single din...and basically looks like they attacked it with a hatchet

then realising that with a decent headunit...you need decent speakers, so have fitted 4 new Alpine speakers and done the wireing...the sound....is Awsome

then...remebering that the lights were ****, i ordered the Crystal lite Headlamps....and matching indicator lenses

they make the front look far more modern..

and there bright......and i havnt fitted the headlight loom upgrade yet!!

and for some reason.......i wanted to change the steering wheel

im just working out how to get some bits from the US,After seeing the link on here for the really cheap bumper bits ...i may have sorted something, so over the next couple of months i will be ordering.

a new front chrome bumper from Toyota, and to match.....

a chrome Lower Valance

and the matching chrome end caps....

and a set of Mickey Thompson Classic II, again after seeing a link for them on here for $79

then ill start looking at getting it ready for a repaint...im gonna stick with the colour it is... B)

i am having a nightmare trying to find some arch flares though.....

on its own, all this wouldnt be so bad, but i also run a 600hp modified show and drag Lexus, a 400hp Drift/track only Lexus......the only std car we have is the (cough cough) Mitsi Pajero
    Last edited by Monster-Mat; 26 January 2006, 19:06.
    Mat..

All things Lexus...ask moi

Hi,

Don't do things by half do ya!! Like the lights, and want some of those wheels! You don't want a Skyline to add to you collection do you?

Mart
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

I got a panel like that must have been installed by same person.
      Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

well i think my quest for fender flares for the Double cab may be coming to an end, i understand Warn make a set....so if they do hopefully i can fit the 10x15 or even 10x16 MT classics on then
        Mat..

Comment

Looks like someones been to roughtrax!!
          My mates got the same lights and 'cators on his double cab and you've got the same steering wheel as me.
          One tip for you....DONT wire up the thumb press horn button! It'll drive you mad as it alwasys get pressed accidentally,usually at the most embarrasing moment!
          So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Originally posted by surfer daz
            Looks like someones been to roughtrax!!
            My mates got the same lights and 'cators on his double cab and you've got the same steering wheel as me.
            One tip for you....DONT wire up the thumb press horn button! It'll drive you mad as it alwasys get pressed accidentally,usually at the most embarrasing moment!

The wiring up of the whole dam steering wheel was a juggle.....and yes, the buttons are a pain in the bottom...... already wired up,..... me thinks i will be snipping the wires soon

where in Wilts are you.

im on a mission to compare Surf arches to the pickups, to see if i can use them on the rear with some modification
            Mat..

Comment

Originally posted by Monster-Mat
              The wiring up of the whole dam steering wheel was a juggle.....and yes, the buttons are a pain in the bottom...... already wired up,..... me thinks i will be snipping the wires soon

where in Wilts are you.

im on a mission to compare Surf arches to the pickups, to see if i can use them on the rear with some modification
              I disconnected my horn wires after about a month,took me ages to wire it all up when i bought it too!
              I'm in Melksham,not too far away.My mate has a double cab and he was going to try and fit surf arches to his.He's running 33's on his truck with about a 6" lift and doesnt really need to fit wider arches as the wheels dont stick out that far.
              So many toys-So little cash

Comment

ah melksham...i think im passing through there tommorow..lol

i also think i may have found a source in Japan for the double cab flares (circa 50mm)
                Mat..

Comment

You can get a remote for the wX-C570R as well, got one on my Land Cruiser, attach it to the steering column shroud. It's a good unit, can fit a CD stacker as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X