Rear speaker mount that works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear speaker mount that works

I've always been impressed with the bass from the rear speakers and from reading peoples moans on here i'd guessed there was some kind of mount/bass box that the speaker was attached to, but as it's hidden away behind the panel i didn't know what it was. I found out today when i was fitting a red LED into the reverse light for a fog light (great mod inspired by someone here, many thanks) Picture attached. There's a code on the box but i couldn't see a trade mark. code moulded in the plastic is -

86150-35040
    CJ-PT1110A
    EAB12117TC

Then printed in ink under it - 542M D (the D is in a circle so might not be part of the code??)

It really is a good full bass sound from tiny speakers, not earth shattering for drum and bass fans but plenty for the rest of us. The speaker is small but i guess the previous owner figured best to get good ones then and went for a Pioneer kevlar set. If you are suffering at the moment and don't want to cut the panels about i highly recommend this set up. The boxes must have been fitted in Japan so i don't know any more than this. Happy hunting, report back if you find them!
    Attached Files
    PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

isn't that the mounting ring that comes with them?

mind you, i don't know the usual 2nd gen setup so not sure which bits extra!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

That is the standard box. Now if the 'mounting ring' (actually part of the casting of teh box) had been shaved off, you could fit a slightly more substantial 5 1/4" two way speaker in there... and get a little more bass...

Comment

It did look made for the job, but if thats a standard box in a surf what are people complaining about? i got sacks full of bass from it, it sounds great! I think the speaker quality helps a LOT though. You are seeing the plastic box set back a cm or 2 from the mounting ring aren't you? Bass ports etc, i've got similar in the front as well. Pretty good set up, enough speakerage for me anyway
        Last edited by NeilT; 11 December 2005, 22:23.

Comment

i think the std speakers are just paper cones... the 3rd gen set up isn't too bad for std.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Do you know what the depth there is, in there?. As the sound in mine is
            a bit naff and I have got a pair of bigger speakers and didn't want to
            take all paneling off and find that they didn't fit!.
            cheers

Comment

I've got a whistling turbo, rumbling mud tyres, a humming diesel engine and a roaring engine fan, Thats enough noise for me!

Comment

Don't know what depth is but my speakers are pretty small, though quality, but the sounds is still large. It's more about the solidity of the mount to get the best from the speakers. If the mount flexes you'll lose the air movement and the bass sound. Mine is a nice hard plastic box with bass ports and it's screwed in so tight it might as well be part of the bodywork. Dive in and take the panels off to see what the mount is like. If it's no good it won't matter how big the speaker is it'll still sound weak.

Comment

neil sorry to go off the subject,

could you please tell me where you got your red led light from as i am in need of one.

done the same fog light as you but still need a red light.

a part number would be the berries also

many thanks scotty

Comment

No probs, 19 RED LED 382 replacement, i got it from www.aceparts.com, part number might be "852 bayonet BA15S"? Thats all that is on the case. Its all clear glass so is invisible through the lens until its turned on, pretty cool! cost £5 inc postage

Cheers
                    Neil

Comment

some guy,

thanks very much.

will order one this week some time.

cheers scotty

Comment

Working...
                      X