4Crawler Front Differential Drop Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4Crawler Front Differential Drop Kit

For those of you that may remember... Roger Brown only used to offer this mod to 3rd gen owners...

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/DiffDrop.shtml

Of course, it is now offered for 2nd Gen too... but I needed to get my own kit to do my toy...

So first thing is anti-roll bar mount drop blocks... Nice aluminium spacers that are the same footprint as the mount bracket, just 1" thick. New bolts (1" longer chank) and spring washers to suit.

New bolts for the Diff drop blocks... 3rd gen mount depth is very different. 130mm allen bolts should do it...

Axle stands, just to be safe, and bottle jack under the front diff. Undo the bolts, drop the diff, slip in the spacers and bolt the diff back up again...

Sounds fairly straight forward... just getting to the nuts which are above the frame rails... access is real tight... but if I can do it, then the slightly less spanner-phobic amongst us will be fine.

Anti-Roll bar spacer has been custom built, anyone need any let me know.
    Diff drop spacer, ditto. (50mm OD, 25mm thick with a 13mm centre hole)

Last three images, each half shaft and the diff protruding below the bash plate... does my diff look big in this? All you can really see is the drain plug guard...
    Attached Files

It might be also worth noting that on a 3.0 the exhaust is lower and you cannot lower the front diff as much as you can on a 2.4 as i have tried and gone for 20mm spacers........1" would have meant the front drive shaft hitting the front pipe mkay
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Working...
    X