Bigger tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger tyres

What's the largest tyre i can fit to my surf? i have the original chrome wheels (can't remember the sizes sorry) and would like to go wider and taller, how will this affect the handling, mpg ect? will i have to get new wheels as well?

If you do a search on here you will find the answer as it has been covered many times before.

Offhand I think without any lift you can only fit 31/10.5 r15 without them rubbing.I had these on my last surf and that was standard.
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

It's 31/10.5/15 - I've got some for sale on eBay!

Tyres

Comment

Originally posted by 37monkey
        What's the largest tyre i can fit to my surf? i have the original chrome wheels (can't remember the sizes sorry) and would like to go wider and taller, how will this affect the handling, mpg ect? will i have to get new wheels as well?
        dunno but i got 35/12.5/ r15 on mine and they look awsome
        if at first you dont succeed..... bollock

Comment

Originally posted by lizardinc
          Have you got any photos?
          I like Orientals

Comment

Originally posted by lizardinc
            You need lift for these.

Without any lift 31 x 10.50x15 are the biggest you can run and not rub. If you want to make them look really good you can get some spacers to make them fill the arches nicely (assuming you have wide body, and not narrow body surf.

31's are factory spec for the later 2nd gens, in going bigger you will be trading off handling, MPG, and speed for size, unless you regear your diffs.

There is a few people running 32's now - generally with 3-4 inches of total lift.

Last edited by Linda; 4 July 2005, 16:48.
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

linda, sorry to hijack, but i have been looking at the tyre options too. ok, i understand the 31's being pretty standard as an upgrade option for non lifted surfs, but could you elaborate on the spacers you mentioned, as its not something i'd considered..i've also thought about the 1.5 inch lift kit offered by milner's, as i understand its as high as you can go without re-plumbing the various bits..but, would this lift make a larger tyre possible?

Comment

Originally posted by mickey
                elaborate on the spacers you mentioned?
                um... wheel spacers??
                won't help you get taller tyres on, but will give more clearance on balljoints if you wanna go wider
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

cheers slugman..yeah, i was assuming it was cosmetic, but there is a practicality to it also..i'm all for asthetics, if spacers allow for a greater "mean" factor, then spacers it is..i'm going for khumo/kumho/khumho..(think thats covered all options) mud terrain 31'ners..i'll search the threads for the width issue..hijack over, ta for the patience.

Comment

Working...
                  X