Lockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockers

i was wondering if anybody here has any experience of running different types of diff locks, i'm trying to work out if a lock rite is "liveable" with for a truck that does spend a lot of time on the road between playing in the mud. or am i just going to have to save up for an ARB?
    Diesel, like petrol only better

Think quite a few people in the US use Lock rite, ARB is good and the main advantage is the speed of activation. To be honest not sure if they cause any extra noise, the diffs on my Landcruiser are a bit noisy but I think that is just that they need a bit of TLC. Think any type of locker should be OK to live with on road.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by openback
      i was wondering if anybody here has any experience of running different types of diff locks, i'm trying to work out if a lock rite is "liveable" with for a truck that does spend a lot of time on the road between playing in the mud. or am i just going to have to save up for an ARB?

You should have a look over on yotatech, our US counterparts where they have plenty of members with experience running various different types of lockers, both automatic and manual ones.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I have a lockrite in the front. The difference after installation is amazing. Of course, it could also be the 33" mud tyres. In the front you need manual locking hubs though as the steering becomes very very heavy afterwards. In the rear, most of the time you would be fine with a lockrite except going around corners slowly, like into a paking space. There isnt enough power to unlock the locker and your tyres will chirp off the ground. Now that i have a lockrite in the front i wouldnt put one in the back, i'm gonna get an ARB but i need to start saving.
        Yotatech will have tons of info on these 'lunchbox lockers'. I think they have a sticky on it.
        Cheers
        Del
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

i have a Detroit full time locker with 4.88 in the rear and an arb air locker up front to keep turning radius if you run a true front locker unless your a rock crawl you tend to loose about 15% of your turning radius i have had no problems with my rear locker in fact go further in the thick than most landy's in 4wd when i am running rear 2wd

Comment

Working...
          X