Advice on wheel spacers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on wheel spacers.

Hi, just been looking at some 32mm wheel spacers for my truck, could anyone tell me if they would be suitable for these type of wheels??
    http://www.inter-active2000.co.uk/h...el_wheels.html#

I have the chrome 8 spoke. Thanks.
    Also wheres the cheapest place to get them (apart from e-bay)
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
    [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Hi,
    I have a set on my Surf 30mm and they really do make a difference also trasnsformed the handling back to normal after fitting 4" lift kit. The ones on EBAY at the moment should fit no problem check this link and view sellers items - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT Anything less than £100.00 is a good price I was quoted £45.00 just for 1 replacement spacer with studs after 1 of my studs snapped !!! Just got a replacment stud for £2.00 !!!

Andy.
    Attached Files
    I'd Rather Have A 4" Lift Than A 4" Extension !!!

Comment

I would stay clear of these spacers as I purchased a set but when you come to fit them you have to cut down the wheel studs to accept the extensions and the are not solid steel they are just cast alloy.
      I got my money back for them
      Just a little advice as the surf is still a big motor to play with.

Comment

If the Wheel Spacers on Ebay require that the original Wheel Stud has to be cut back I totally agree with ckc100 DON'T BUY / USE THEM !! The ones I have fitted to my Surf are a different type of fitting but cost alot more £150.00 - Have a look a pic but I can't find the link to the Company that I got them from an Engineering co in the Midlands. Mine are Alloy, don't know of anybody that makes them from solid steel.

Andy.
        Attached Files
        I'd Rather Have A 4" Lift Than A 4" Extension !!!

Comment

My ones came from here
          http://www.trackstore.co.uk/ and they fit fine without cutting or adjusting in any way. Highly recommended....

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Guys for all your help. Linda, did you get the 32mm spacer kit? Which one exactly is suitable for the surf (2nd gen) And am i right in saying that i will require 2 kits as there are 2 spacers in each kit? all for £52? Sounds good.
            Last edited by qube3; 14 February 2005, 00:28.
            [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
            [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by qube3
              Thanks Guys for all your help. Linda, did you get the 32mm spacer kit? Which one exactly is suitable for the surf (2nd gen) And am i right in saying that i will require 2 kits as there are 2 spacers in each kit? all for £52? Sounds good.
              Hehe I dont know - we got them from Delboy who bought them from that site.
              Suggest you pm him?

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Driver,

Your pic looks identical to the pic Scorpion Racing use in their ads in Landy mags.

Mark
                :

Comment

Think im gonna purchase some 32mm spacers ive seen on ebay. Do you think it would be a good idea to email the seller and ask them if any modifying needs to be done for the spacers to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG G
                    Think im gonna purchase some 32mm spacers ive seen on ebay. Do you think it would be a good idea to email the seller and ask them if any modifying needs to be done for the spacers to fit.
                    I would not touch the ebay ones - may we recommend these in this thread?

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

gave the guy a call said its gonna be 3 weeks for the steel spacers. The alloy ones are universal, half the price and available now, what ya think.

Steel £85.00

Alloy £45.00

Comment

Ive gone for the steel spacers, ive fitted them and looks good the only thing is when the car hits 60-70mph i get bad wobble on the steering wheel, do you think i could have put the spacers on slightly off centre, has anyone else had problems like this.

Comment

Ive gone for the steel spacers, ive fitted them and looks good the only thing is when the car hits 60-70mph i get bad wobble on the steering wheel, do you think i could have put the spacers on slightly off centre, has anyone else had problems like this.
                          I get a little wobble at around them speeds, but have had no other problems with them.

Trev
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

You probably have a problem with wheel balencing, bearings, steering linkages ,etc. Fitting the spacers will make any wear more noticable than before.

The spacers do up on tapered holes, so should be OK, but you could have a little crud inbetween the wheel/spacer/hub mounting face.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                            X