panhard rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panhard rod

Well finaly got the drop bracket on (5 months after the lift) and the panhard rod sits nice and level now, and it's taken all the strain off the link brackets, had to rachet the axle accross with a loading strap before, now it slots in just perfect.
    Attached Files
    mudnstuff.me.uk

Greebo,

Is this the drop bracket that was a drawing some while back...?
    I notice the ProComp shocks... how much lift did you have in the image...?
    AndyL

Comment

Originally posted by Greebo
      Well finaly got the drop bracket on (5 months after the lift) and the panhard rod sits nice and level now, and it's taken all the strain off the link brackets, had to rachet the axle accross with a loading strap before, now it slots in just perfect.
      Where did you get the bracket from? I tried to find one a few years back but drew a blank? The problem with having my panard rod on a diagonal is draws the propshaft in a bit too close to the fuel tank cover. About 1" movement sideways causes them to touch-easily done offroad!

Nevillef
      Last edited by laser_jock@work; 7 January 2005, 14:43.

Comment

It was just a 2" lift, and no it was an off the shelf bracket.
        got it from Pro-Comp, took a bit to convince the guy at Explorere that they did have one on there Pro-Comp listings. (seen them on a few American sites) but they eventualy came up with the goods.

If you want one ask for a "Rear track bar relocation bracket" asking for a panhard rod drop bracket just seem to confuse him .

I think the part no is ..........90-1268
        Cost £38 inc vat and delivery.

Your right about the prop shaft. i also did it to take the strain off the link brackets, after the lift had to use a loading strap pull the axle accross to put it back in the original bracket, figured that much strain cant be a good idea and sooner or later the brackets or bushes are gonna suffer.

And with impecable timing.........
        http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ad.php?t=10082
        Last edited by Greebo; 7 January 2005, 19:57.
        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Greebo,

If you can give me some dimentions for the bracket I can get some made up at work.....................save some other members grief and ££

Comment

Think someone has already done a blue print for one on a pdf file i'll try to find the link.
            failing that i'll try to do some measurments at some time later. if you've seen the weather up here you'll understand why!!!!
            mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

No probs Stevie...................can understand the weathers just as bad here

Comment

Think someone has already done a blue print for one on a pdf file i'll try to find the link.
                failing that i'll try to do some measurments at some time later. if you've seen the weather up here you'll understand why!!!!

Heres a copy of the original
                Attached Files
                I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Kazam,

I will definitely have one if you can get some made.

Cheers,
                  Alan
                  Never argue with an idiot... they drag you down to their level - then beat you with experience!!

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
                    Greebo,

If you can give me some dimentions for the bracket I can get some made up at work.....................save some other members grief and ££
                    Thanks for the drawing, it's a bit more complex than I thought but should be able to get them made out of solid when I get back to work.......................... .leave it with me

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
                      Thanks for the drawing, it's a bit more complex than I thought but should be able to get them made out of solid when I get back to work.......................... .leave it with me
                      If they work out cheaper than Pro-Comp (just quoted me £32.50) then put me down for one.

Thanks

Nevillef

Comment

Hi guys,

Not really up to speed on this sort of mod, what is the reasoning behind this bracket? Certainly looks a lot different with the panhard rod sitting horizontal like that.
                        Mark
                        Perth, Western Australia
                        www.perth4x4.net

Comment

If you want one ask for a "4Runner/Surf Rear track bar relocation bracket" asking for a panhard rod drop bracket just seem to confuse him .

I think the part no is ..........90-1268
                          Cost £38 inc vat and delivery.

And with impecable timing.........
                          http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ad.php?t=10082
                          Greebo, you had to add some bolts to get that to fit, and what looks like a hole to drill too... any chance of some details of the bolt sizes and the hole size and position...? Just got my drop bracket delivered for £40.00 all in. They did send a warranty replacement 2" plus drivers side rear coil as well (but that is another story entirely)...

andyL

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                            Greebo, you had to add some bolts to get that to fit, and what looks like a hole to drill too... any chance of some details of the bolt sizes and the hole size and position...? Just got my drop bracket delivered for £40.00 all in. They did send a warranty replacement 2" plus drivers side rear coil as well (but that is another story entirely)...

andyL
                            Hi Andy
                            When installing mine, i had to drill this hole also. All i did was bolt the bracket in. Take the right hand wheel off, so you can get a drill at the original rod bracket. This bit is very precise. I placed my thumb where i wanted to drill and my index finger on the other side and into the hole in the new bracket. I opened and closed my fingers a couple of times and drilled where my thumb matched my finger. Best to close your eyes when matching them up as your eyes might lead you astray. When i drilled the hole it matched up perfectly. Think it was a 12mm bit! You may think i'm insane, but it worked for me.
                            Derek :
                            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                            [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                              Hi Andy
                              When installing mine, i had to drill this hole also. All i did was bolt the bracket in. Take the right hand wheel off, so you can get a drill at the original rod bracket. This bit is very precise. I placed my thumb where i wanted to drill and my index finger on the other side and into the hole in the new bracket. I opened and closed my fingers a couple of times and drilled where my thumb matched my finger. Best to close your eyes when matching them up as your eyes might lead you astray. When i drilled the hole it matched up perfectly. Think it was a 12mm bit! You may think i'm insane, but it worked for me.
                              Delboy, you are beginning to frighten me... I was thinking the very same thing... Just need to find some "suitable" bolts... usual over engineered type solution...

andyL

Comment

Working...
                              X