shock boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shock boots

Hi all, just noticed the other day my shock boots at the rear have split on one side. How easy are these to replace as I will probably try and get some from Explorer UK although not sure what shocks I have got - they are not standard and have been changed fairly recently.
    From www.explorerprocomp.co.uk they are £5.50 a pair. Im guessing they will fit ?
    Attached Files
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Yeah, they look like explorer shocks, they will fit OK.

You need to undo the top nut on the shocks, it's probably rusty and a bugger to do!

there is a flat on the top of the threaded end, to put a 8mm spanner on, and them undo the nut. But its hard to get to, expecially the driver side as the Panhard rod mount is in the way.

You may need some channel locks on the bit the top of the boot mounts to, but try not to squash it to much,and steer clear of gripping the chrome rod itself.

If you can get the small boot end over the shock body, it'll be easier to undo the bottem and pull them on that way.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

nice one!
      just see if I can get a colour match for the springs - some sort of blue will do

thanks mate
      Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        nice one!
        just see if I can get a colour match for the springs - some sort of blue will do

thanks mate
        No problem, 15 colours to choose from........

http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Shock_Boots.html

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Light blue on thier way
          Tim

Comment

Working...
          X