Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our emmas having hill problems

morning all.
    having a nightmare with my sisters 2.4. it just seems to overheat like mad whenever she goes up a big hill. she's put a new radiator in, a new thermostat, and used new coolant but no matter what, whenever she hits a large hill the temp goes mental (very suddenly) and steam starts spurting from the plastic coolant bottle. then its a 2 hour wait for everything to cool down before limping home at 20.

recently she drove it to both cornwall and devon and back with no problems but a ssoon as hills come into the equation all hell breaks loose.

someone has suggested looking at the fan?
    help!

thanks in advance.

will and emma
    black 1995 ssrx 3.0ltd

Originally posted by happythrasher
    morning all.
    having a nightmare with my sisters 2.4. it just seems to overheat like mad whenever she goes up a big hill. she's put a new radiator in, a new thermostat, and used new coolant but no matter what, whenever she hits a large hill the temp goes mental (very suddenly) and steam starts spurting from the plastic coolant bottle. then its a 2 hour wait for everything to cool down before limping home at 20.

recently she drove it to both cornwall and devon and back with no problems but a ssoon as hills come into the equation all hell breaks loose.

someone has suggested looking at the fan?
    help!

thanks in advance.

will and emma
    Could be the water pump not working to well. I have been told that when Stevo does the head on the 2.4 he always puts in a new water pump. I would have a word with Stevo at Engine Co Ltd
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

it is VERY often overlooked, but check the viscous fan is functioning correctly,
      [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Also worth checking that the electric fan is cutting in. Just disconnect the plug from the sensor and it should fire up. Plug on RHS of engine block near to the front (when standing in front of the car). The plug is very easy to break!

Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 19 October 2004, 12:55.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X