Brake system flushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake system flushing

Wanna flush out my whole braking system. Has anyone done this before and know the full procedure and which order to bleed the different line in. Cant find anything on the search! Have to put new rear cylinders in so thought i might do this. Doubt it has ever been done in my Surf.
    Cheers
    Del
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

(BLEED)Flush out the furthest point 1st then work your way back to the nearest one on the nearside as this is the closest one to the Master Cylinder
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Am a novice meself Del but I know you do the LSPV last of all

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
        Am a novice meself Del but I know you do the LSPV last of all
        LSPV ???????
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

My LSPV (Load sensing proportional valve) doesnt have a bleed screw on it but i'll try that. Furthest to nearest! Cheers
          Derek :
          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
          [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

a little help from 4x4 wire

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/mainte...leedingbrakes/

Comment

Cheers Jim!
              You're 'the finest' so ye are!
              Derek :
              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Del was lookin at an LSPV on an upsidedown frame today and there is a bleeder on the LSPV. If the LSPV is the unit with many brake lines going in and out of it just in front of the spare tyre on a step of the frame .... then the bleeder is on the back of it facing the spare!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  LSPV ???????
                  4328 posts and you don't know what a LSPV is.Shame on you Marky

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                    4328 posts and you don't know what a LSPV is.Shame on you Marky

Neville
                    Sorry but ive not seen that abbreviation before, Too much stress at the moment, Load sensing proportional valve ive got it now
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      Sorry but ive not seen that abbreviation before, Too much stress at the moment, Load sensing proportional valve ive got it now
                      But do you know how it works?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

YES ! & no im not going to explain it as you can MATE LOL
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          But do you know how it works?
                          just because shes a bit on the heavy side doesnt mean you have to pump harder ?

Comment

Working...
                          X