yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto Box - Very Strange...Wallet Munnching Transmission failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Box - Very Strange...Wallet Munnching Transmission failure?

Well I'm just restoring my 2nd Surf, bodywork is in great original condition as the whole truck, it had 120 000 Kms on the clock with original dials etc even the explosive flare in the passenger footwell, she drove like a dream, until today! Drove out of town to collect meat from Butcher for tomorrow, come out started truck, and basically although the gear sector moves she doesn't budge an inch forward or back, in every gear! What a NIGHTMARE!
    I am aware the engine ECU is shared with some gearbox controls, so swapped out one from my other surf and still nothing, checked all the plugs & linkages underneath - all appear to be ok.
    Its beginning to look sinister, however, i hold faith it may be electrical as it just suddenly stopped. The fluid is fine (I fitted proper tranny cooler).
    The strange thing is i can hear the engine change note when it goes into FWD or REV ,but i just doesn't move?
    Also when moving back to Park,I can hear the Sprag Make a horrid ratcheting sound,like if it had been put in park whilst moving (Yeah I done it once, in a V8 powered Granada)
    Has anybody suffered the same fate?

check have yer four wheel drive stick been pushed
    very easy to knock it into neutral
    without noticing
    worth a look
    the old git

Comment

Thank You So Much! There may be hope!

Thank you for your reply in my Dark Hour! I really appreciate it, and do you know what, that may be a possibility! Especially as I've been humping shopping in and out of it the last couple of days!
      Im going back to the vehicle now Boxing Day! I will let you know! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Comment

I Owe you a Beer!

Originally posted by bryanisaoldgit View Post
        check have yer four wheel drive stick been pushed
        very easy to knock it into neutral
        without noticing
        worth a look
        I seriously owe you a beer, I went back to my vehicle, and checked the lever, and to be honest my heart sank a little as when i tried moving it, it wasn't actually fully in the neutral position. However i pushed it through the selctions a couple of times, then put her in drive, and she went into gear fine! So i owe you a massive thank you! Because the lever hadn't totally been knocked into neutral I'm wondering if there is a solenoid or switch involved with disengaging the drive from the transmission?
        In any case, Happy New Year and thank you again for taking the time to reply in my hour of need!

Comment

no there be no sillynoids
          when it half in that would be
          the noise crunch wine ect
          because it was not fully engaged
          so slipping
          the old git

Comment

Working...
          X