turbo timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo timers

on the surf i just bought it has a turbo timer which i would like to disconnect how does one go about doing this i cant get used to locking the car walking away and its still running

Its gonna really depend on the type/model of timer and if you can see or find where it is installed.

Not had any experience with them myself but someone supplied this article for my site that may be of some use:
    http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/wor...turbotimer.htm
    Seems like this one is quite simple with just four wires going to the ignition.

Have a look at your ignition wiring and see if you can see extra wires or a unit - if its fused you may even be able to just take out the fuse to disable the timer or perhaps it may even have an on/off switch?
    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Dont the timers have a facility to turn them off or on? BOTH my units do that, (Different brands) )and I suspect its the same case for you.

You might end up needing it sometime.

Comment

timers

on most turbo timers there is two buttons the one on left to set between 1&3 min and right hand button should be on&off hope this helps if not just disconect live feed from ignition

Comment

Yup I just turned mine off, drive is on a hill and I like to leave it in gear so got bored of turbo timer quite quickly,

Comment

had me immoberliser fitted on saturday and the guy took out the turbo timer so problem solved

Comment

Stick the unit in the for sale section on this site or on Ebay - someone will surely snap it up

Udhi

Comment

my surf has a timer which i just set to 0.00 engine goes off with the key

Comment

Working...
                X