Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

Hi guys & gals i have a prob with a snapped metal brake pipe at my rear the pipe broke just after the fixing to the chassis as it comes out from over the top of the fuel tank best & easy way of fixing it

Two options,
    The best way would be to replace the whole pipe end to end.
    The easiest way would be to replace the snapped section only.
    You can get a male & female union to join the new section to the old section, as long as you're good at flaring pipe ends you'll be able to get a fluid and air tight seal.
    If you didn't want to disturb any of the remaining pipe you could use this method to just add a small section as well.
    Just bear in mind, the more joins there is, the more chance of a leak happening.

Comment

Thanks for that Rebel if i make a join would i have to use metal or could i use copper to metal because i was thinking just cut both pipes before they go over the top of fuel tank & replace both pipes as if one has snapped the other could go at anytime so just as easy to do the 2 at the same time. Then i was thinking replace all the other thinner bore metal pipes with copper.

Comment

I can't see any problems using copper to steel or vice versa, to be honest, I normally just replace the full pipe. But then I've never had one snap on me. If there all still made of steel, it might be worth just replacing them all completely in the interest of safety, if one snapped, you'd have to wonder about the condition of the rest of them.
        Better to replace them all in one go, then you only have to do it once and you'll know you have brakes next time you use them

Comment

Thanks bud yeah i will replace both main pipes all the smaller ones look fine no rust on them.

Comment

Working...
          X