Vibration issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration issues.

So I have a problem and not sure where to look first to fix it.

There's a vibration (feels kind of like going over rumble strips) that for the most part seems to match my tire speed. It is most noticeable when accelerating. At highway speeds the vibration is still there and also a noise that sounds similar to big tread tire noise. I thought it could be my wheel bearings but swapping them out hasn't seemed to do anything. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I drive a 94 surf kzn130 (if there is any other info that is needed please tell me, I am fairly new to the vehicle and fixing them in general)

Nudd

universal joints
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Have you checked the tyres for damage or bulges ? Have they been balanced recently ?

Comment

Check the Universal Joints on the drive shafts, the rear one is most common to go.

Comment

Universal Joints - it's the only time my girlfriend enjoys my driving!

Comment

Originally posted by highgun View Post
            Check the Universal Joints on the drive shafts, the rear one is most common to go.
            I'm also thinking this is the most likely cause of the problem. Any idea if the parts are interchangeable with the 4runner?

Comment

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/universal-joint-uj.html

Comment

Unfortunately im in canada and time is of the essence. Is it possible to use a 4runner universal joint?

Comment

KZN130 4Runner 2nd gen has the same part. And I think 1st gen does too
                  Last edited by highgun; 5 February 2016, 09:34.

Comment

Genuine part number is 04371-35050.

Nev.

Comment

Great! thanks so much for the help. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                      X