Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to remove chrome

Hi there,
    I need to remove chrome coat from the wheel rims. It is cracked in many spots. After that I would like to repaint the rims in a black colour. Who knows how to do it and what types of paint to use?
    thanks a lot

Chrome can be removed using varying grades of wet and dry, just make sure you get all the shiny bits. Don't think there's any need to take it all the way back to bare metal, a brushed aluminium type finish should be good enough. You might have some success using a rotary tool, like a dremel if you can't fit an angle grinder with sanding disc in the space. Standard car body paint should be ideal or, normal wheel paint, use an etch primer first

Comment

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
      Chrome can be removed using varying grades of wet and dry, just make sure you get all the shiny bits. Don't think there's any need to take it all the way back to bare metal, a brushed aluminium type finish should be good enough. You might have some success using a rotary tool, like a dremel if you can't fit an angle grinder with sanding disc in the space. Standard car body paint should be ideal or, normal wheel paint, use an etch primer first
      thanks, I will take the angle grinder from my friend to prepare the surface. How do you think can i risk with this paint https://www.mrosupply.com/paint-pain...de1612_krylon/ I just checked that i have it in garage.

Comment

Can't see any reason why you can't use that paint, preparation is more important than anything else. Just take care with the angle grinder, you dont want any damage done to your wheels

Comment

Working...
        X