Selector issue 4wd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selector issue 4wd

Replaced broken front diff then took the surf out for a play. Now the surf is stuck in 4 Low or neutral, selector wont shift back to 4 high neither will it disengage 4wd because I cant get it into high gear. Any suggestions as to what it could be? tried all gears before I went out for a play and all was fine. Out playing and the truck never done anything stressful as I was only testing it out. Any ideas more than welcome.

are you sure the diff is not wound up?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Pretty sure it ain't, tried reversing rocking, jacking front end up. Any other ways to sort wind up? Pulling the lever back to high is as if it's hitting a brick wall

Comment

and its definatly the right diff?
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
          and its definatly the right diff?
          Defo Right Diff. Looks like its just my luck to have a transfer box foobar up just after I sort my diff. Just in from burning the midnight oil and found this tonight stopping the selector engaging high gear. New circlip it is then. What a jolly old pain in the ass that was tonight

Comment

Well done for finding it, i was going to say transfer case. Le us know how the repair goes.
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

So whats your thoughts? someones been in this transfer box before or was it just fitted with a dud ring from the factory? old and new snap rings are totally different. fella at toyota didnt think we had ordered the right part so let me take the ring for free and ordered a job jot of others from the transfer box diagram. new ring fits like a glove and looks exactly the same as the other rings in there just different sizes.

Comment

[/URL]

Comment

That's a bugger... good find though..

I had something similar in my 3d gen, I knocked the mechanism when there was no shifter in and over extended the control rods... a spring mounted ball bearing went walkies and jammed up the mechanism.
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                  X