yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noise from front left of my 3rd gen 3.0,bronze bushes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise from front left of my 3rd gen 3.0,bronze bushes??

Hi all.
    Since I hot my surf around 2 1/2 years ago it's always had a noticeable drone from the front left wheel.
    Recently,I had the diff oil changed and that wheel bearing changed and the noise is getting worse.
    I posted a question in the general section and a guy suggested it could be the bronze bushes but I can't find any reference to the kzn185 having bronze bushes,unlike the kzn130.
    Does my truck have them and If so where sells them??
    And if I don't gave them what could be causing the noise,it's a drone with a bit of vibration you can feel through the floor/steering wheel.
    It's not howling but it's getting worse.
    Any pointers would be great.
    Thanks,rollo

I have a similar issue but i believe it's the tyre that has worn unevenly, gonna swap them round when I can be bothered.
    When the bronze bushes failed on mine it made a rattling sound when going over bumps, I got mine from roughtrax at some ridiculous price for what they are.

Comment

Hi,

I read some time ago that 3rd Gens don't have bronze bushes. Have you tried raising the wheel and spinning it?

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
        Hi,

I read some time ago that 3rd Gens don't have bronze bushes. Have you tried raising the wheel and spinning it?

Good luck
        Actually,no,I have not.
        I can't find anywhere that lists them for the 185.
        I did suspect the diff as it's more noticeable since the oil was changed but it's not a whine it's more of a drone I hear,more noticeable on certain roads.
        I have 4 matching tyres and there's no noise from the rear,just the front.

Comment

If you have free wheeling hubs then it cant be the diff. If you dont have free wheeling hubs perhaps invest in some as itll save you fuel and if the diff stops whining....

Comment

Originally posted by Jameswallace View Post
            If you have free wheeling hubs then it cant be the diff. If you dont have free wheeling hubs perhaps invest in some as itll save you fuel and if the diff stops whining....
            I used to have a hilux pickup,to engage the front hubs I had to manually turn 2 bits on each hub.
            With my surf I select 4wd from inside and the hubs lock themselves.
            To disengage I select 2wd then reverse back to unwind the hubs.
            Are these free wheeling hubs I gave and if so does that mean it cannot be the diff??

Comment

No bronze bushes for the KZN185 and also no free wheel hubs unless you do a conversion. I would suspect bearing even if you have had it checked. Jack it up, remove the wheel and check for play in the hub. The bearing is a double row type and if at anytime it has seized, they can damage the shaft or hub.

http://www.sonoransteel.com/junk_yard_manual_hubs.html

Nev.
              Last edited by NiftyNev; 20 November 2015, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                No bronze bushes for the KZN185 and also no free wheel hubs unless you do a conversion. I would suspect bearing even if you have had it checked. Jack it up, remove the wheel and check for play in the hub. The bearing is a double row type and if at anytime it has seized, they can damage the shaft or hub.

http://www.sonoransteel.com/junk_yard_manual_hubs.html

Nev.
                Thanks for the reply,it's a brand new bearing in there and still the same noise is there but getting worse.
                Could it be the diff?
                Doesn't whine like a diff would.

Comment

Did you check for play in the hub like I said? Brand new bearing means nothing if something else is damaged.

Nev.

Comment

Check the CV joint for wear, have you changed the tires round to see if that makes a difference.
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X