EGR Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR Mod

Anyone got pic for the EGR mod on a Gen2 2.4, all the links seem to be dead. Just looking for which pipe I need to fold and cable tie.

you don't fold and cable tie vac hose.
    that can result in egr being stuck open.

i think the aussie tech site still has pics of plating the egr pipe. otherwise i'm sure theres hundreds of pics of it being done on the forums.

Comment

Don't have a pic of it as I removed mine when the engine was out. However, there's a pipe at the back of the engine that goes from the area under the turbo and around the block to the other side. I made two blanking plates to cover holes left behind, unplugged the two vsv valves and removed the vacuum pipes altogether.
      Come to think of it, there might be a pic of it in my thread about replacing my cylinder head.
      I can't put the link up at the minute as I'm at work, lol.

Hope this helps

Comment

Top, back of engine, passenger side. Look for a UFO looking thingy (highly technical term) with a hose on side of top. Remove hose , plug with a ball bearing and refit.

Nev.

Comment

pics

these might help
          Attached Files
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
            these might help
            That's a 2L-T engine but the 2L-TE EGR Valve is similar.

Nev.

Comment

Update

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advise and pics, it helped a lot.

done the pipe bend and cable as a temp thing... which works, so I blank it off completely next time I have to do some proper work on the engine....

Moving onto the NEW problem I've created... Check the engine section as I need help fast as I'm going to a scrap yard tomorrow where I can help really really cheap surf parts....

Comment

Working...
              X