• Show
Clear All

• jap imports

check out this what do you think worth importing

1996 TOYOTA HILUX SURF
    SSR-X.Sun roof. DVD-Video. Sun visor monitor. 5 doors

4828.03 British Pound

CIF Liverpool, United Kingdom US$ 7,500-
    Price include vehicle, shipping charge, ocean freight, marine insurance and Cardeal protection fee.

Please see the video movie of this car we took at our yard from following URL to see the condition of the car, it is very good condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czAa...layer_embedded

Thank you once again.
    Regards,
    O.S NETWORK CO.,LTD
    4x4s get you where others fear to tread

uau! 4828.03 British Pound!
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
      uau! 4828.03 British Pound!
      it is a nice thing but nearly 5 grand to liverpool docks. i don't know i do think you could get a lot of truck over here for that money

Comment

Current going rate on ebay for a 96 3rd gen is ~3K. Bit more for intercoolers. And that's one that's already been MOT'd over here and that you can see before you buy.

We've all heard the nightmare ALGY'S IMPORTS stories...
        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by davejc View Post
          it is a nice thing.
          i do think you could get a lot of truck over here for that money
          i agree
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

it is a nice truck but i do agree 5 grand on the road is to steep with no real guarantee you will get the exact same truck..

even older surf are far to expensive to import these days

Comment

try picknbuy24.com or else be forward

be forward have some great bargains but tend to be high mileage

picknbuy24 are usually grade 4 or 5 & lower mileage. I bought a surf with 30,000 miles - yes, 30,000! - in March from picknbuy and tracked it all the way from Japan. I do not believe there's any chance you will get the wrong truck if you are dealing directly with these guys in Japan-they are sending cars everywhere and cannot afford any such antics, everything is documented with vin numbers and pictures

just my experience!
              BTW if you can buy a truck like that for 5k in the UK I'll eat my hat

Comment

Originally posted by rossyroo View Post
                try picknbuy24.com or else be forward

be forward have some great bargains but tend to be high mileage

picknbuy24 are usually grade 4 or 5 & lower mileage. I bought a surf with 30,000 miles - yes, 30,000! - in March from picknbuy and tracked it all the way from Japan. I do not believe there's any chance you will get the wrong truck if you are dealing directly with these guys in Japan-they are sending cars everywhere and cannot afford any such antics, everything is documented with vin numbers and pictures

just my experience!
                BTW if you can buy a truck like that for 5k in the UK I'll eat my hat
                its all about the price you pay just had a look on the site you suggested and did not see many bargains
                if you got a bargain and your happy good on you ...any chance of any picks of your truck out of interest

Comment

http://www.beforward.jp/toyota/hilux...487/id/476174/

less than £500
                  the difference buys a lot of petrol ...

the diesels are not available - scrapped long ago or sent to Africa

mine is more or less identical

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                    Current going rate on ebay for a 96 3rd gen is ~3K. Bit more for intercoolers. And that's one that's already been MOT'd over here and that you can see before you buy.

We've all heard the nightmare ALGY'S IMPORTS stories...
                    3k???? where do I sign???

mines an import & cost me £650 without mot £750 on road

Comment

less than £500

Indeed, mine was a Be-Forward job with quite high mileage. The big Jap exporters are now 100% tried and tested.

Here in East Africa we must have the highest Surf density in the world, as in number of surfs per square km...which is great as parts are becoming more available and mechanics are getting used to working on them.

The first 4th Gens have started to arrive now, all of them with the 2.7 petrol lump.

Is it the end of the road for the diesel 'Urban Sporty 4x4'??

Comment

Originally posted by surfing*the*waves View Post
                        3k???? where do I sign???

mines an import & cost me £650 without mot £750 on road

show me where you can get one for 650 would be very interested at that money

Comment

less than £500

so let me get this right you imported a petrol surf 96 plate for less than 500 pound ? . if so show me the way will defo have one myself

Comment

show me where you can get one for 650 would be very interested at that money
                            so let me get this right you imported a petrol surf 96 plate for less than 500 pound ? . if so show me the way will defo have one myself
                            Didn't import it myself, but it is an import.....I bought mine off my local recoveryscrap guy old owner suspected the head gasket was gone but there's no evidence of it at all......which meant bargain for me & an honest motor.

He did try towing a caravan up the rest & be thankful......not a bright idea it's mega steep

Comment

Originally posted by surfing*the*waves View Post
                              Didn't import it myself, but it is an import.....I bought mine off my local recoveryscrap guy old owner suspected the head gasket was gone but there's no evidence of it at all......which meant bargain for me & an honest motor.

He did try towing a caravan up the rest & be thankful......not a bright idea it's mega steep
                              ok got you. yes you got a bargain. they are out there its just getting out there and finding them. you could be right about the towing lol. even if head needed doing you still got a bargain

Comment

Working...
                              X