Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best tyres

any advice out there on which are the best tyres for wet grip road use only

It all depends on your budget if you look at tyre thread it may give you some ideas. BFG A/T = BF Goodrich All Terain is a lot of peoples favourite
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      It all depends on your budget if you look at tyre thread it may give you some ideas. BFG A/T = BF Goodrich All Terain is a lot of peoples favourite
      not for road use only though... have a look at www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.co. uk for an idea of the road tyres available.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Dunlop Grandtreks,Bridgestone Duellers are good all round(no pun intended)tyres.
        Powered by ????

Comment

I had Yokohama Geolander I/T's as road tyres before I got BFG's - they were superb!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I've got a set of Geolandar I/T as well as a set of Geolandar A/T+II. The A/T+II are actually better on wet tarmac than the I/Ts which is odd considering the I/Ts are supposed to be winter tyres! But they are smoother and quieter though.
            Last edited by Rob; 19 September 2004, 23:37.

Comment

best tyres

thanks for info on tyres

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
                Dunlop Grandtreks,Bridgestone Duellers are good all round(no pun intended)tyres.
                I have the Dunlop Grandtreks on the rear and whilst they're terrific in the dry they are far too easy to spin in the wet. They don't usually slide, ie roundabouts etc are fine, but on anything other than the slowest of takeoff's you really have to feather the throttle if you want to avoid spin.

Trying to remember what was on my last Surf, think they were Bridgestone Duellers, but they were way better at avoiding spin (altough very slightly worse on roundabouts!)
                Maurice
                Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I have run with Marshal Venture MT's on for twenty seven+ thou miles and was always impressed with the grip, wet or dry, but the road noise became unbearable. Since fitting Bridgestone Duellers HT's the ride is so quiet its unreal especialy downhill at 50 when the revs drop, there is no road noise. done nearly a thousand miles on them so far, and now I have worn the lables and pips off they do grip well.
                  They have stepped out once so far when hitting a round about too fast in the wet, but I think that was due to not having the tyre surface scruffed yet.
                  I will post in the tyre section how they handle further in the near future!

Fish
                  If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Working...
                  X